Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Install - no microsoft VM

Michael:

I have been running mcsTemp for years on an older machine and have had no problems except for pc limitations.

So to fix that I have just brought up a brand new PC running XP SP3. I am not having any success installing the 1-wire drivers. When I run "install_1_wire_drivers_v400.msi" it tells me that owapi.dll failed to register. I think that is the java owapi, is it not. So I went into IE to internet option and the advanced tab to turn on microsoft VM. It is not there. This is IE 7.

Any ideas?

Here is the link for MS and Sun java's.
    I believe the MS Java (VM) is no longer support so you may want to Google for security risks.

I personally run the MS VM but to others I'd recommend to see if the Java one works first.

The VR should have been installed when HS2 was installed on the XP SP3 machine. Perhaps reinstall HS2 and make sure all options are checked. Back up your HS2 directory first before a reinstall.

~Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Brower View Post
      Here is the link for MS and Sun java's.
      I believe the MS Java (VM) is no longer support so you may want to Google for security risks.

I personally run the MS VM but to others I'd recommend to see if the Java one works first.

The VR should have been installed when HS2 was installed on the XP SP3 machine. Perhaps reinstall HS2 and make sure all options are checked. Back up your HS2 directory first before a reinstall.
      Thanks, I finally found a copy of MS VM that I could install. Up to my post all I could find was a file that would update MS VM to the latest but did not install the VM. After a lot more searching I found a copy thaqt installed and now mcsTemp is working on my new machine.

Thanks.

Comment

Good news!
        Swing by the Windows Update and make sure they don't have any security patches just in case. Good job!

~Bill

Comment

Working...
        X