X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MStan
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
    I do not know what your text file "69;41;54;64;62;67;44" represents. Is this a single sample set of 7 sensors or is it a time sequence of one sensor with 7 values?

If is is the former then mcsTemperature is able to deal with it otherwise it is not.

The basic step-by-step was well stated at http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=133047

In your case you will need to also define the template for a csv file input. Look at the format example shown in the Devices/Files page under Delimited Text File Format. In your case it looks as if the delimiter is a semicolon. After that it will be groups of 4 fields that specify the virtual device, database field name, sensor type (from manual), and flag to enable display. It will probably easier to put this decode template in a text file and separate each group of 4 with a new line for your ease of maintenance. If you do not put it in a file then just place the string in the text box provided

Since an installer is used to install it, then it can be removed from Windows add/remove programs. There will still be some residual from anything you did with it after the original install.
    Ok, That is the thread I was just looking at.

This is a single sample set of 7 sensors.

Thanks I will give it a try.

I will return with more questions, I'm sure.

Mark

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    I do not know what your text file "69;41;54;64;62;67;44" represents. Is this a single sample set of 7 sensors or is it a time sequence of one sensor with 7 values?

If is is the former then mcsTemperature is able to deal with it otherwise it is not.

The basic step-by-step was well stated at http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=133047

In your case you will need to also define the template for a csv file input. Look at the format example shown in the Devices/Files page under Delimited Text File Format. In your case it looks as if the delimiter is a semicolon. After that it will be groups of 4 fields that specify the virtual device, database field name, sensor type (from manual), and flag to enable display. It will probably easier to put this decode template in a text file and separate each group of 4 with a new line for your ease of maintenance. If you do not put it in a file then just place the string in the text box provided

Since an installer is used to install it, then it can be removed from Windows add/remove programs. There will still be some residual from anything you did with it after the original install.

Leave a comment:

• MStan
    started a topic How to get data from a .txt file

How to get data from a .txt file

I am trying to setup mcstemp for the first time on a Hometroller.

I see this program has a steep learning curve.

I am trying to import and chart temp data from a .txt file such as this

69;41;54;64;62;67;44

How do I set this up step by step?

First I need to remove the failed install I have now and start over...How do I do that?

thanks,
    Mark
Working...
X