Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Database Problem

Keep running into these in the log:

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/24/2009 1:15:49 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left">mcsTemperature </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left"> FormatTemperatureScreen on line 7460 Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\mcsTemperature.mdb'.</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/24/2009 1:15:58 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left">mcsTemperature </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left"> FormatTemperatureScreen on line 7460 Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\mcsTemperature.mdb'.</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/24/2009 1:19:35 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left">mcsTemperature </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left"> ForecastASP: on line 760 Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\mcsTemperature.mdb'.</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/24/2009 1:20:20 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left">mcsTemperature </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left"> FormatTemperatureScreen on line 7460 Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\mcsTemperature.mdb'.</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/24/2009 1:20:42 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left">mcsTemperature </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left"> FormatTemperatureScreen on line 7460 Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\mcsTemperature.mdb'.</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/24/2009 1:21:01 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left">mcsTemperature </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left"> FormatTemperatureScreen on line 7460 Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\mcsTemperature.mdb'.</td></tr></tbody></table>

Any Ideas?

The actual statement being executed is the open method of the ADODB.Connection object with the provider string being
    Code:
    "Provider = sqloledb; Integrated Security=SSPI; Data Source =" & SQLSource & "; Initial Catalog="
    and the catalog value being the path to the filename which in your case appears to be reasonable at C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\mcsTemperature.mdb

The obvious first thing to check is if the database path selected on the setup (I think it is Interface page) is where you have the database and that the database is actually present there. If there is some inconsistency then we need to understand why.

Comment

No DB

Michael,

That's the problem, no database file and not one anywhere to be found. Is there somewhere I can grab just the MDB file alone so I can throw it on the server?

Comment

There was a template I posted somethere a long time ago. Others should have one that you could strip the data. The software should create the database and the tables so you should not need to take manual actions. Make certain you have Access and not SQL Server selected on the setup.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
          There was a template I posted somethere a long time ago. Others should have one that you could strip the data. The software should create the database and the tables so you should not need to take manual actions. Make certain you have Access and not SQL Server selected on the setup.
          I triple checked that already and the software never creates the MDB file. I might try switching it over to SQL Server instead. Any issues with SQL Server 2008?

Comment

The mainstream is Access so dont know what success others have had with SQL. It was added for specific users, but I do not recall what their status is. I just took the one that is on my laptop and removed the test data and attached it here. Mine happens to be located in the main HS folder.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X