Right Y axis question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right Y axis question

I am trying to figure out how to get some of my variables on a chart to plot against a right Y axis. I have it working for one graph and can't figure out how that one is working, but this new one won't. The one that is working has 3 variables; 2 are my thermostat setpoint and actual temp (both plot at around 60-70) and the 3rd one is either 0 (actually .01 as zero won't plot), 1 or 2 depending on whether my furnace is off, low or high fire (it has a 2 stage gas valve). I specified 0 & 15 for my right axis min and max for the furnace fire and that works fine. The furnace plots against the right axis numbers while the temps automatically adjust and are plotting at 54-76 against the left axis.

Now I am trying to plot data from Jon00's process monitoring scripts and want to monitor Homeseer's handles (around 1600) and memory and modules (both around 100). I was hoping that the handles would plot against the left axis and the others would plot against the right axis (which I set to 0 & 250 for min & max.) Everything just plots against one left axis (0-2600). I tired forcing the left axis plot to a min and max of 100 & 2000 and then the memory and modules just don't show up as they're below 1000.

How do I tell mcsTemperture to plot these as desired?
    Dick
    HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

The axis selection is based upon a heuristic algorithm based upon the data value ranges and the sensor type. The algorithm is rather complex so not easily described in a manner that would help you position the sensors on a given axis. There is a change being considered to include the axis as part of the group setup as the line color is now. When my travel subsides then I will be receptive to this type of change as well as other things that just need to wait.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I'll await the update.......
      Dick
      HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
        ...There is a change being considered to include the axis as part of the group setup as the line color is now. When my travel subsides then I will be receptive to this type of change as well as other things that just need to wait.
        I would be very interested in being able to specify the right Y axis settings. Currently I have temperature on the left Y axis and humidity on the right Y axis. I can't control the right Y axis, so I can't get them to align up. It also uses 4 significant digits (example 10.00) when just 10 would suffice.

Ideally for each vertical axis (right and left) I would like to specify:
        1) Min and Max value.
        2) Graticule scale.
        3) Number of significant digits of the graticule numbers.
        4) Number of data points per X axis division. The 72 hour time scale could use a few more, but the others look OK as is.

Comment

I have been working on the right axis specification. The UI is done, but I'm at the hard part where the value is applied. The logic within mcsTemperature bases selection of the axis on sensor type and not individual sensor so this becomes difficult to do it in a manner to assures backward compatibility.

Comment

Working...
          X