No announcement yet.

Need help with initial setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another idea is that the Group definition may have a problem. This is in the mcsTemperature.ini. I did a simple test with 2 virtual devices and let data collect for awhile. I defined a group with these two. The following is what is in the group section for this test chart. The resultant chart is attached.

Code:
    [Group]
    Default="None","LinTab"
    Dtest="None","LinTab","_47"-1,"_48"-1
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for responding guys. I feel like I'm getting closer.

Ram
      When I reinstalled mcsTemp from the updater, I also reinstalled Chart Director from the ASE web site, just as you have suggested. This time I installed to the default directory. The original install was to a different location, if that matters. Anyway, the 3 screen shots above are after doing all this reinstall.

Michael
      I've been examining my .ini files and getting familiar with them. mcsTemperature.ini enclosed. The Group entries are below. I'm using trial. My last experimentation was to add the word blue for one of the RBG boxes. Made no difference compared to empty.

[Group]
      Default="Avg","LinTab"
      trial="Avg","LinTab","[5"-1blue,"[6"-1,"[7"-1,"[8"-1,"[9"-1,"[10"-1
      Attached Files

Comment

I will look at your .ini. I do know that Blue will not work. It is expecting RRGGBB. If you have Access then you can try compacting the database and posting it as well in zipped format. That will give me your environment from a charting perspective.

Comment

Im afraid I've not made any further progress. I don't have Access either. Here is my mcsTemperature.mdb file zipped up. Hope that helps.

Comment

How can I test Chart Director? I think my problem lies there. I've got the chart labels and check boxes working.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Mr Spock; April 8, 2009, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Yoyr database does not appear to be posted. You can try email at mcssolutions at centurytel dot net. Chart Director should have a demo on the download.

Comment

Your database has no data recorded. There are two reasons for this. One is on the Interfaces page in the Data Collection Methods section there are two checkboxes. One to put virtual device data into the database and one to put downloaded forecast in the database. These are unchecked so no data will go into the database.

The second is on the Sensor page. You need to enter a database field name (DB Field column) for each entry that will go into the database. Select simple names that do not have spaces, special characters and start with a character. Names like d1, d2, Humidity, OutsideHumidity etc. are acceptable formats. For you the names will not matter as long as each is different. For others that share this data with other things then the names could make a difference.

Comment

I've got graphs! I need to play with this more when I return from vacation.

Thanks Michael.

Comment

Working...
                  X