Chart missing on refresh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart missing on refresh

mcsTemp automatically refreshs the chart image when a page is left up.

Some time ago I noticed that while the first access to a chart page displays properly, upon an auto chart refresh the chart image can not be found and the red X in a box is displayed instead.

What can I do to fix this?
    Best regards,
    -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
    Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

The chart updates to maintain the user request of the end time of the chartto be NOW. If you do not want the feature the use a specific end date/time. If you want the featurethen we need to understand why it is not working for you. What is happeningis after the refresh period the javascript in the browser makes a request back to the HS server to send a new image for the partof the page where the chart is produced. This request is being made as referenced by the screen changing, but HS is unable to return the requested image. It could be that mcsTemperature was not ableto construct it. It could be that the image request was seen as invalid. It could be that the server was not in a state where it could service the request. Look at HS log first. I suspect that general debug checkbox will be of no help since this is the first report of this problem. I would ned to looknat source to get other ideas.

Comment

Michael,

Yes, the file does not exist:
      Code:
      5/10/2009 8:18:24 PM   Error  Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\Homeseer 2\html/mcsTemp/mcs192168282Outdoor5.jpg
      I see that the other files in the .../mcsTemp/ directory end in 6 rather than 5, ie; mcs192168282Outdoor6.jpg instead of mcs192168282Outdoor5.jpg.
      Best regards,
      -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
      Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

The 5 is for 24 hour chart and 6 is for 72 hour chart. I see that when the end date is blank it gets the period from the mcsTemperature.ini under the key "DefaultPeriod". It has been years since I looked at this part of the code. Any more hints on the environment or way you setup to do this?

Comment

Working...
        X