Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setup problem

I'm overlooking something here.
    I get the following log entry: "5/31/2009 7:10:23 PM - mcsTemperature - Draw CD Chart on line 4190 ActiveX component can't create object"

And also: "5/31/2009 7:10:29 PM - mcsTemperature - InitINIVariables sensorType=0, index=0 on line 52 Overflow"

When it tries to download the charting software in setup I get the dialog box saying it is about to download in background . . . As soon as I dismiss that I get another popup "There is no file extension in d:\program"

Any suggestions?

Pete

(BTW--I installed it several times---the most recent time I put it in the correct place on the D: drive (on HomeTroller). And just in case something is getting updated on C:I committed C to the hard disk and rebooted. Still
    Last edited by pete@malibubeach.com; May 31, 2009, 09:11 PM.

In \Config\mcsTemperature there is a key "IterationInterval" which should be assigned a number between blank and 60. If it is a large number then overflow is possible. Check and edit while HS is not running.

The charting software is Chart Director. You can download it manually from http://www.advsofteng.com/download.html. It is the ASP/COM/VB which is the first download link on that page. You can install it anywhere you want as the registry contains the information to access it.

Once it is installed then mcsTemperature will no longer try to download it.

Comment

Thanks Michael, that fixes it---am I supposed to go buy one of their licenses? or is it okay to use it with mcsTemperature without an additional license?

Pete

Comment

It is paid by advertisement at the bottom of every image. Everyone I know goes the route of accepting the advertisement.

Comment

BTW, I recently started getting this error as well just after installing mcsSprinklers. Never had it before. Doesn't make sense or maybe it was a coincidence. There was no IterationInterval value in my \config\mcsTemperature.ini file so I added it with a value of "1". That seemed to do the trick.

Craig

Comment

I changed to processing for this interation value in a recent mcsTemperature. It was likely a coincidence as this new key was recently added to mcsTemperature to allow users of Temperature Actions to have control loops at rates different than the sensor update rates. A value of 1 means you are computing Temperature Action decisions every second. If you have no Temperature Actions then the value makes no difference.

Comment

Working...
            X