• Show
Clear All

McsTemp rev:5.16.2 ds2408 relay problem

ello Michael,

I added the DS2408 relay to the system and I cannot control these outputs:

1. I tested the outputs 8x with Maxim OneWireViewer =>ok 8x port on/of
    2. relay status are not changed on the hardware
    3. on/off icons also not changed
    4. messages on/off in homeseer log are ok, messages in mcstemp !?
    5. on/off outputs of the DS2406 are ok

Questions:
    6. do I have to setup the DS2408 somewhere?
    7. Is the wind direction a fix port or aslo to set to relay output?
    (does not changed when asked)

I added some files to see screendumps

Regards Piet Verhaeg Netherland
    Last edited by piever; June 7, 2009, 06:56 AM.

The 2408 is a multipurpose device and it may be that some configuations are not supported. It has been awhile since I worked with it. Channel 3 defines if it is an LCD interface and in that case 3 bits are discrete and 5 are the LCD driver. Channel 0 defines if it is Wind Direction and in that case all 8 bits are used for wind direction. I believe the default if neither of these then it is channel 0 to 3 as switch and 4 to 7 as relay. First think you need to do is select something other than wind direction for channel 0.

Comment

Hello Michael,

Thanks for your reply.
      Its not possible to set channel 0 to switch or relay. Its keep comming back as wind direction. After several times it workt but still act as a wind direction. see the logs.
      Also a error:
      InitINIVariables sensorType=0, index=0 on line 52 Overflow =>see log

Any idee?

Regards Piever.
      Last edited by piever; June 7, 2009, 06:56 AM.

Comment

You can post your mcsTemperature.ini and I can play with the setup. I have another suggestion and that is to select from channel 3 to have the DS2408 to be an LCD driver. After that change channel 3 to be a discrete and see if you get away from channel 0 being wind direction.

The latest file posted at the top of the subforum should address the InitIniVariable issue.

Comment

Hello Michael,

There is no selection for the LCD in the menu. How do I select this?
          (discrete you mean switch or relay?)

What is the advantage of xapmcs1Wire above mcstemp that I using now?

Hereby the mcstemperature.init file

Thanks piever
          Last edited by piever; June 25, 2009, 02:12 PM.

Comment

How about trying some surgery on the mcsTemperature.ini file.
            The [Devices] section contains the relationship between devices and HS device codes
            The [Database] section contains the relationship between HS device codes and device type
            If you want 8 relays then set all 8 of the devices associated with 1C00000005EFDA29 to have a type 12. This will be the 2nd entry of each line in the [Database] section for this device. This is what I suggest:
            Delete the row [Database] R21="s1C00000005EFDA29D,1,1"
            Delete the row [Devices] 1C00000005EFDA29D="R21,USB1, 0; 0,, 0"
            Start HS
            Delete the HS Device R21 from HS Devices/Status
            Say your appropriate prayer
            Look at mcsTemperature Sensor page and see if it looks like what you want.

The above will delete the R21 definition of the DS2408 being a wind direction sensor
            You already have R1 channel 0 (1C00000005EFDA29Y) to be definded as a relay

Comment

Hello Michael,

After deleting the 2 lines and start HS (deleted the devices in HS) the wind direction sensor keeps coming back. I try this several times.
              Do you have a way to use the setting of the LCD driver? Where to setup?

See the mcstemp.init file

Any other idee?
              Last edited by piever; June 25, 2009, 02:12 PM.

Comment

I took your .ini file and then went to the Sensor page and for the wind direction I cleared the R21 device code and change the sensor type to blank. After a Save the 8 discretes were there. I controlled them for the HS Device/Status page, but did not have the hardware to control, but looks as if it should be working. I also see what the InitIniVariables problem is and fixed it in the latest update.

Comment

Hello Michael

ok, let me install de latest update for mcstemp and check it out.
                  Where can I find this update?

piever

Comment

Updates are posted on a sticky near the top of the mcsTemperature forum. http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=96231. Last night it dawned on me that I did not have a problem when testing because I did not have an update from that sensor. I made a change in the software to try to address this. If it does not work we will need some debug to understand why

Comment

Hello Michael,

I installed your version V5.16.5 (...2008!) and removed DS2408 and all this config. Shutdown and started homeseer again, ok 8x relays now( no wind direction! 0k) but I cannot control the relays.
                      The DS2406 icons and hardware outputs changes =>ok
                      The DS2408 icons and hardware outputs are not changes =>not ok
                      In the logs the relays are changing but the hardware does not react on it.
                      (with onewireviewerI can control the relays).
                      I will send you all files to view to trouble-shooting.

Regards Piever
                      Last edited by piever; June 25, 2009, 02:13 PM.

Comment

hello michael,

I send you a picture of my testboard that I made for the ds2408 chip.
                        With the OneWireViewer I can toggle the outputs to on and off.
                        The hardware is ok

piever
                        Attached Files

Comment

I looked at the code within mcsTemperature and see the DS2408 was used as a multi-io from some source that has 4 in and 4 out. It was also used for wind direction. Most of my development work with 1-wire is with xapmcs1wire. I need to look further, but my initial though is that the design currently may not support the 8 relays. I need to look more. I would be curious to know if you can control one of the last 4 as that is the multi-io configuration.

Comment

Hello Michael,

That is correct. the last 4 outputs(relays)..Y4-Y7 are now working ok.
                            (but you have to invert the output of these relays) is that possible?
                            Ds2406 ON = output collector driver is "open" =>ok
                            Ds2408 ON = output collector driver is "closed" =>not ok
                            (this will be needed becaurse I use 4N25 opto couplers connected to the output relays, they sink 10mA)

I try several ways to set the ..Y-Y3 to relay,but I cannot realy activate
                            the hardware-outputs. (also checked the .init file)

piever

Comment

vergotten this question,
                              What can I do more when I use xapmcs1wire?
                              I there a manual from?

piever

Comment

Working...
                              X