Log file error message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Log file error message

I keep getting this error in the log, small sample below. Seems to be looking for a non existant image file for the weather display screen. There is no file name, just .gif.

This is filling up my log file. Anyone know the fix?

Thanks.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>6/5/2009 9:58:25 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>mcsTemperature </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>GetWeather2 C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\mcsTemperature.mdb Forecast, , SQL= DB=Provider = Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source= Object variable or With block variable not set on line 1020</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>6/5/2009 10:01:06 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/images/weather/.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>6/5/2009 10:02:06 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/images/weather/.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>6/5/2009 10:06:06 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/images/weather/.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>6/5/2009 10:07:06 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/images/weather/.gif</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The .gif is a weather icon so the download from Weather.com resulted in a blank rather than some number. The line 1020 error is due to the XML from weather.com not having a node of "heat_index_f". This aborted the remainder of the XML processing which is likely the reason the condition or forecast icon was not populated. The XML file from the download should have been deposited and that is what should be looked at to see what is actually being delivered.

Comment

Ok, what's the name of the xml file? What should I be looking for?

Comment

My best guess is \data\weathercom_xml\weathercom.xml. It may actually be a user setting. You can zip it and post.

Comment

The \data\weathercom_xml directory existis, but there is nothing in it. I also searched the HomeSeer 2 directory for all .xml files and there is nothing close to it.

I notice the current conditions are zero, but the 5 day forecast looks ok.

Comment

It seems to me you were using mcsSprinklers for the weather.com download. Why do you have it with mcsTemperature too?

Comment

Only because I like the one page display of forecast and radar image. As I'm developing my scripting knowledge my need for this mcsTemperature weather page will diminish.

Do I need to uninstall and reinstall to fix it or do you recommend something else?

Thanks.

Comment

mcsTemperature does not download from weather.com. It only accepts a file in the path that I previously pointed to which is the download from the weatherxml script as the default of another location, such as from mcsSprinklers, when the path is placed in the mcsForecast.ini file in the group [WeatherXML] and key WeatherXMLFilePath. You need to find out where your input file has been setup to come from. A reinstall will not help. It could also be that you setup to get data from NWS from mcsTemperature. You can email your mcsTemperature.ini and mcsForecast.ini to mcsSolutions at centurytel dot net if you want me to look at what you have setup.

Comment

I am using NWS. Always have been.

Does that change things?

Comment

yes it does. Can you give me your mcsTemperature.ini and mcsForecast.ini to make it easier for me to inestigate?

Comment

OK, here they are. No hurry, I'm leaving on vacation for a few days...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X