Ds2413

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ds2413

Attached is first attempt at interfacing DS2413. It should show up as a dual switch that can also be configured as a relay
    Last edited by Michael McSharry; August 9, 2009, 12:12 PM.

Hi Michael,
    sorry but i didn't saw this new Thread because i made a direct link to the other one.
    Firstable, i thank you for your work about this DS2413.

Then, I tested your attached new version, all seems to be good, i saw the DS2413, i configured both channels as relay. But when i changed one or both into "ON", no effects on the DS2413 and when i turned them off, the second channel turned into a disabled off in homeseer.

In the data monitor, i had errors :

16:12:22 | Sensor Error= Object doesn't support this property or method
    16:12:22 | Port=COM4 Address=7200000002F5453A Family=DS2413 State=False State=False State=False State=False

Anything i do wrong in my setup ? how can i help your to resolve that ?

Steve

Comment

First thing we need to find out why the sensor error is being reported. The attached has a little more info around this error message. You should also set the General Debug on the Interface page. This will send more detailed output to a .txt file in the \Data\mcsTemperature folder.
      Last edited by Michael McSharry; August 10, 2009, 12:08 AM.

Comment

k, debug file attached.
        And in data monitor window, I can see :
        03:03:06 | Sensor Error= Channel 0 Line 140 Object doesn't support this property or method
        03:03:06 | Sensor Error= Channel 1 Line 200 Object doesn't support this property or method
        03:03:06 | Sensor Error= Channel 0 Line 140 Object doesn't support this property or method
        03:03:06 | Sensor Error= Channel 1 Line 200 Object doesn't support this property or method
        03:03:06 | Port=COM4 Address=7200000002F5453A Family=DS2413 State(0)=False State(1)=False State(0)=False State(1)=False
        Attached Files

Comment

Not quite certain what to make of it yet. Data sheet seems to indicate a dual channel device, but the software interface introduces it as an 8 channel device. I assumed it was very much like a DS2406 - dual channel IO device.

Same statement executed earlier and it was happy, but not when it trys it again at line 200. When it complains about 200, it does not complain about when channel 1 of the device is processed. Just a mystery right now.

I have the properties of the device displayed to the debug log. Just run a short test and then post the debug log.
          Attached Files

Comment

here it is
            Attached Files

Comment

I asked for the number of channels it supports and it returned 0. It also choked when I asked if it has activity sensing so I'm not certain if the driver software for this device in the version of the drivers that mcsTemperature uses is working correctly. What are you trying to use the device for? Is is a multi-channel I/O and are you using multiple channels? Is activity sensing expected?

Comment

I wish to use ds2413 only to activate a sprinkler of automatic watering. I also use the ds2413 as 2 output channels. The first channel of ds2413 is used to activate a 5V relay for the sprinkler, the second to switch on a led (not so important).
                With OWviewer, i can turn on and off both channels separatly.

Comment

The 1-wire drivers used by mcsTemperature is version 4 and uses the MSJVM while the one wire viewer you are using is likely using the current set of drivers with Sun JVM. The DS2413 support was first introduced in version 4 drivers so it is a new item. There is not much else I can try. I did look at the maxim-ic site and samples are available, but this device is only surface mount so it is hard to prototype. The DS2406 has been around awhile and based upon the data sheet looks to be equivalent for IO. The DS2406 also has RAM.

Comment

k, i took the ds2413 because the ds2405 is no more available and the ds2413 was recommanded as replacement.
                    I saw the ds2406 datasheet, and you're right, it seems to be equivalent. I must buy some parts, and try it.
                    You confirm that the ds2406 is fully fonctionnal with mcstemp?

Sorry to bother you about this ds2413 and thank you for trying to resolve my problem

Comment

There are several who use it. Wadenut has many DS2405/DS2406 and he would be a good one to ask via PM for advice and any issues that he has run into.

Comment

Working...
                      X