Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Embedding a mcsTemp graph into another web page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Embedding a mcsTemp graph into another web page?

Hello,

I'm new to the use of mcsTemp and have a question relating to how I can display a line graph in a custom webpage like JonOO's Quick View. I see that everytime I generate a graph, it creates a jpg file in the mcsTemp subdirectory of the HTML. Is there a way to set up a recurring event to trigger a graph to be generated with the same name, so that it can be called from another page?

Best regards,

Todd
    -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
    HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

xapmcsChart is setup to produce charts on demand. This was done primarily for my chart review pages in Main Lobby.

mcsTemperature's only control interface is HTML with a querystring of the desired parameters. The produced jpg filename is a function of the chart requested. If you always want the same chart name and period then the filename should remain constant. You should be able to setup an event that invokes GetURL or similiar and the chart will be produced in the folder where it can be used for other purposes.

I do not recall if I added something the jpg filename to assure it is unique for the autorefresh-walking time aspects of the normal browser displays so that it will guarantee that IE goes and gets a new image rather than using the one in its cache.

You will just need to experiment a little to see if you can achieve what you want. If unique names are used, then it may be possible to delete the old file before generating a new one and that may yield the same name.

The bottom line is that it was not designed to do it, but it may be possible.

Comment

Thanks Michael!
      -Todd

HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

Hello Michael,

Based on your suggestion I was able to get it to work. Here's the Event, Quick View code and screen print of the finished Quick View page:

Thanks again for your help!
        Attached Files
        -Todd

Comment

Two suggestions for you on your chart labeling.

It looks like your names are sufficient and you do not also need to location. This will shorten the displayed name. Option checkbox in mcsTemperature.

If your names are long then the software does not know when to wrap to the second row. You can change the label location starting location so it moves up and then the label will all fit within the upper border. This is mcsTemperature text box setting.

Comment

Todd,

Rather than use a recurring event, just put the hs.geturl statement in the buildpage.vb script

When the quick view page is called, this script is run first and this will update the graph before it is displayed.
            Jon

Comment

Working...
            X