Relays not graphing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relays not graphing

I have a bunch of ADIOcelot devices that I'm trying to graph with mcsTemp. The temp sensors are Ocelot variables and the AC devices are relays on a Secu16. Temps are graphing OK, but the relays never show any change in status on the graphs, they are working otherwise (state is 0 when off, 1 when on). Check acFan in the attached screenshots.
    Attached Files

If you are looking for a waveform then select the 6 hour scale. Longer intervals will show the quantization of the time ON for a relay. In your case it looks as if there was no transition during the displayed period except perhaps on the first chart, but in that case the table shows it to be very short in the current ON state. You may also want to look at V6 of mcsTemperature as it did some shading to improve the quantized periods.

Comment

If I select the six hour scale all I get is the table and "No Items Selected for Line Graph" even though the same devices are checked. I was manually controling the acFan for the screen shots, but the acCond has been running (on and off, maintaining temp, as expected) for the past few days and does not show when selected.

Where can I get V6? checked your site (http://www.mcssprinklers.com/hsHomeseer.htm) and 5.13 is what I downloaded. Currently running 5.18.0.3 from the V5 sticky.

-
      Attached Files

Comment

If I select the 6 hour scale all I get is the table and "No Items Selected For Line Graph" even though the same devices are checked. I was manually controlling the acFan for the screen shots, but the acCond has been running for a few days (on and off, controlling temp, as expexted) and I get the same thing if trying to graph it's runtime. Running 5.18.0.3 from the V5 sticky. Were can I get V6?
        Attached Files

Comment

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=137153

Your table data shows your selected discrete to always be 0 so there were no transitions to graph. I expect it to still graph the analog data. In any case go with V6 as we can work from there.

Comment

Your table data shows your selected discrete to always be 0 so there were no transitions to graph.
            where do I change this?

updated to V6, and while I'm not sure what the 'Daily' time period used to look like, but now it looks like the screen shot below .. '24Hour' still looks good (minus the relays) .. '6Hour' still is just the table with "No Items Selected For Line Graph" ..
            Attached Files

Comment

Daily is the graph of your entire database quantized by day. It is not something one normally uses.

The relay that you are trying to graph shows in the table to always be in the 0 state so there are no transitions to chart. If your relay state is changing then it should be in the database. There is a table for each discrete. You can look or provide your mcsTemperature.mdb and mcsTemperature.ini at mcsSolutions at CenturyTel dot net.

Comment

Sent those files as requested. I took a look at the db and don't see any data, although the table and labels look OK.

Why would the data not be getting recorded?

Comment

Do the relay devices change status (not value) when they go on/off? I believe the general debug will capture the events that are being provided to mcsTemperature. You can enable it, change a relay, and then disable it again. The file will be in the \data\mcsTemperature folder.

Comment

yes, the relays are showing on/off as they should on the hs device status page .. I'm not seeing anything in the debug log file either ??

Comment

On any device status change reported by HS, the following line is executed by mcsTemperature. This will be for any HS device even if it has not been setup in mcsTemperature. You need to check with the plugin author of whatever you are using to control the relay to assure that the Device Status is being managed. HS will display the Device String if it is not empty in the status column. This will not necessarily be the Device Status.

Code:
                      70        If DebugLog Then
                      80            hsWritelog PLUGIN_DEBUG, "Check Device Event " & device & "=" & CStr(iCommand) & ",DictionaryExists=" & CStr(DiscreteDeviceDictionary.Exists(device))
                      90        End If

Comment

I'm using ADIOcelot 1.14.0.3 .. by you and GD (not the HS version). Never made any major changes to anything, so I don't know why the relays aren't being picked up by mcsTemp? If I toggle the status of the relays within my CMax program they work as expected and the changes are reflected in the HS device status ..

any other ideas on where things are going screwy ?

Comment

The log message when debugging is enabled in ADIOcelot for a IO point change is below. Note that both a status change and a value change is done.

Code:
                          300                       hs.SetDeviceStatus sDC, stat
                          310                       callback.ValueChangeEvent sDC, p
                          320                       If gLogComms = 1 Then
                          330                           WriteLog "Set HS device: " & h & sDC & " to " & mess
                          340                       End If
                          If you have both plugin debugs enabled then they may info to help understand. Most CMAX programs communicate with HS via variables. Variables are not IO points and variables will not have a Device Status change. The variables values are conveyed to HS as Device Value.

Comment

The temp sensors are Ocelot variables and the AC devices are relays on a Secu16 (I/O points). I'll enable debug and put the devices thru their paces and see what I come up with ..

Comment

Mike,

maybe a shot in the dark..but anyway..

in the ADIOcelot code, what is the difference between device types Interface I/O and Interface Output? The acFan and acCond I'm trying to graph are device type Interface Output.

Comment

Working...
                              X