X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    The OWAPI library and a COM environment is what mcsTemerature uses. I have not looked, but I doubt if there has been any further development in that area. There will also be no further development with HS2 not that HS3 is available. For the .NET environment I maintain xapmcs1wire for the 1-wire interface.

Leave a comment:

• dluther
    replied
    x64 4.03 driver

Has anything more been done to support the 64bit driver in HS2 mscTemprature.
    I am getting the same error in line 8040 as well. When I run the software that came with the driver from Dallas/Maxim it locates and reads my sensors. I have tried installing the 4.0 drivers but they all yell at me saying it does not support x64 machine.

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    If you can use MRB1WireTemperatureTester.exe to get the sensor values into HS virtual devices then you can use mcsTemperature to graph the values. If you have a computer that can run the 4.00 version of the DallasSemiconductor drivers then you can use mcsTemperature to manage the 1-wire senors.

I also saw somebody recently posted that they have a script that puts the 1-wire sensor values into HS2 virtual devices.

I was also indicating that others have provided plugins to process 1-wire sensors, but these plugins expect an interface that is different than DS9097U or DS9490D.

Leave a comment:

• heubie
    replied
    Thx for the fast reply.

That is the strange thing. When I run xapmcs1wire all the sensors read out perfect. And when I use MRB1WireTemperatureTester.exe the sensors work also.
    The reason for buying the mcsTemperature is the nice graph-options which I cann't do without.

I don't know what you mean by " other interfaces besides the DS9490D/9097U" since the one I have works well with the v4.00 32 bit version driver under XP. Everything point to a combination of v4.03 64bit driver and the plugin since I don't find any problems with anybody who uses the v4.03 32 bit version of the driver.

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    I am traveling and cannot lookup the specific line 8040 error, but I do recognize that the drivers you have are for the .NET implementation that is not backward compatible with prior drivers. I do not know if 64 bit drivers were ever developed for the earlier drivers. From memory, I think 4.00 is the version that mcsTemperature uses, but not positive.

I suspect you will need to use a different 1-wire than mcsTemperature on your computer. xapmcs1wire does use the .NET/latest drivers that you have downloaded, but also requires mcsXap plugin and an xAP hub. There are other plugins that do 1-wire with other interfaces besides the DS9490D/9097U.

Leave a comment:

• heubie
    replied
    I am transfering my HS2 Pro form a windows xp 32bit to a windows 7 64 bit but have problems getting MSCtemp to work.
    Al the hardware is oke since it still works when I put it back on the xp machine.

I had to install the 64 bit driver (ver 4.03) for win 7.
    everything is working but the temperature values of the devices are zero and when I poll them this error shows up.

2/12/2014 5:55:52 PM mcsTemperature InitINIVariables sensorType=0, index=0 on line 8040 ActiveX component can't create object

I saw that the problem is in the combination of driver 4.03 and java.
    I looked for a 64 bit version of v 4.00 but cannot find one.
    Does anybody have a solution for me?

Leave a comment:

• Droopyear
    replied
    Thx for fast answer,
    The problem was with the last 1-wire's driver 4.03 and the oracle(sun) java.
    Sun java don't supported Atom processor cedar tail or cedarview family.

But, the next question: can you implement in McsTemperature 1-Wire part the 48h(copy scratchpad),4Eh(write scratchpad) BEh(read scratchpad) functions for DS18B20?
    I'd like to use TL and TH registers for data transfer between the PC and the PIC16F628A
    I'd build the "thermostat", see the picture, and i know the TL and TH registers just integer from -127 to +127, but divide by 4 i can use 0-30 degree range with 0.25 degree steps
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    The error is from the following
    Code:
    8040          Set access = CreateObject("owapi.OneWireAccessProvider")
    This means that the version of 1-wire drivers from DallasSemiconductor used by mcsTemperature is not installed. The Microsoft Java Virtual Machine also needs to be installed to support these drivers.

The path to the 1-wire drivers is
    Code:
    ftp://ftp.dalsemi.com/pub/auto_id/licensed/install_1_wire_drivers_v400.msi

Leave a comment:

• Droopyear
    replied
    Hi Michael

I try to reinstall everything my new HVAC server (J&W Minix 2700 HD) Intel ATOM dual core with HT 2.1 GHz on NM10 chipset board, but when i try to set USB port for DS9490 device, i have everytime just this error message:

4/20/2013 4:42:18 PM - mcsTemperature - InitINIVariables sensorType=0, index=0 on line 8040 ActiveX component can't create object

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    What type of temp/humidity sensors, ground moisture, and weather stations are ideal and work in conjunction with this plugin?
    If you want a weatherstation that provides self-contained irrigation optimization with mcsSprinklers then obtain one that produces ET outputs. The Davis Vantage Pro is a consumer grade one that is often used for this type of application. There are different software packages that interface with it such as Ambient, WeatherDisplay and Davis's own more basic software. These typically will produce csv text files that is then used as the interface to HS plugins such as mcsTemperature or mcsSprinklers.

Moisture sensors are fine for specific applications, but for general irrigation use, the ET method will give you better long term results.

The most flexible technology for general instrumentation is 1-wire and there are many interface mechanisms available. The company that I am aware that supports the technology is a system configuration is Embedded Data Systems. There range of sensors is limited but likley will be sufficient for your needs. There are many DIY approaches.

My experience has been that long term maintenance as well as initial install success has best been achieved by using a 1-wire hub so the wiring can be more like LAN wiring rather than the daisy-chain that is best used for 1-wire technology. This provides electrical isolation on each branch so failures only disrupt the branch and addition of new sensors or branches will not disrupt what had been reliable operation on the other branches.

There are limited option for the interface of 1-wire hub and it also appears that Maxim-IC has discontinuted manufacturer of the DS2409 that is the switch device used in the hub. There are still a large volume of these devices in the consumer pipeline. mcsTemperature does not support the 1-wire hub/DS2409 device.

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    Charlie,

I use mcsTemp today with mostly 1-wire sensors either directly connected or "virtually" via xAP. Never played with ground moisture sensors (gypsum 1-wire HB sensor)

That said MCSTemperature is getting data via multiple different 1-wire networks (which are hub and spoke configured - Temp08X2, Temp05X1 and 3 9097's) and xAP. MCS Sprinklers is getting weather data/xAP data/Weather station data from HS/mcsTemp and Davis via Cumulus software / Homeseer Cumulus Plugin and redundant numbers in mcsTemperature plus internet weather.

Leave a comment:

• CharlieWayne
    replied
    Design Questions

Hello All.

I am interested in setting up a weather station above my home as well as several temp/humidity seasons in my attic and other places. I plan to record historical temp data for review on coming construction ideas and such, but also use the weather station for my WGL irrigation system. Its my intent to also purchase the mcsSprinklers (Professional) once I finish the irrigation hardware install.

What type of temp/humidity sensors, ground moisture, and weather stations are ideal and work in conjunction with this plugin?

Thanks

Charlie
    Last edited by CharlieWayne; August 12, 2012, 06:25 AM. Reason: inputted more data.

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    You can mix anything you want on the same computer. You can also run an xAP environment on a single computer as well. Provisions exist in the 1-wire design to provide rapid response times for switch closure or devices removed. A/D operations take the longest and it is possible to setup a number of A/D devices and do the conversions in parallel rather an series. I have generally not tried to achieve these capabilities and instead focused on providing maximum flexibilty on interfacing 1-wire devices.

One feature I did try to implement was switch alarming. Most 1-wire switches support it (DS2405 does not). The concept is that the host software sends out a request if any 1-wire device is in the alarm state. If it gets a positive acknowledge then it will poll to find out which one(s) are. This means it can determine very quickly when all switches are in the off position. I forget which software has this feature, but most likely xapmcs1wire.

The Temp08 also supports a rapid response capability, but forget the mechanism that it uses.

When I was testing just polling of switches I think the fastest I was able to run was about a 300 millisecond polling interval and something like this will consume CPU bandwidth.

If you do need fast switch detection time then you will likely need to setup something just for this purpose. For example, if the Temp08 has speed-optimization implemented for a specific setup then find out from Mitch what the contstraints are then offload everyting else to DS90xxx.

Leave a comment:

• tedvpt
    replied
    General advice

Hello again Michael,

Many thanks for your reply to my last question. I have not gotten around to cleaning down the database yet but I can fully understand your recommendations.

Can I also ask you for some general advice if I may. As I said before I have now moved to a new HS server and I want to fine tune my install. Currently I have a Temp8 and a serial DS9097U. I have a 4 port relay module from hobby-boards but never had any joy getting it working correctly on the DS9097U - I have not tried it on the Temp08 however. I also have a DS9490R USB adapter but have not installed that yet - it's on the very long to do list.

Is it ok to run the DS9097U / DS9490R on the same HS pc as the Temp08 and is it ok to have switches, relays etc all in the mix. OR should I think about Xap and put the lot on another PC. Also one wire switches - how quickly can the software (MCSTemp) pickup on a closure? does it take lots of CPU hog to poll these.

Sorry for all the questions but I have been away form this stuff for some time and the re learning is brain burning.

Many thanks in advance.

Ted

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    It is likely you are using Access for your database. It works good for small database sizes, but when data accumulated over a long period of time it becomes very sluggish. SQL Server handles large database size well. mcsTemperature also provides some tools to thin out the database to reduce its size. There are some pruning parameters that are recommended on the page setup for this. If they are not used it will take a very long time to use the tools.

I believe compact and repair database operations are automatic, but if you have Access then you can also do it manually just to make certain the holes are removed from the database. If you do this then HS should not be running at the time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X