Wind Direction Value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wind Direction Value

I use the Davis Weather Station to collect local conditions and mcsTemperature plugin to import and report the values in HS. I also use MainLobby to display these values on various touchscreens located throughout the house. In HS, wind direction shows up with an icon and the direction something like this (125) which does not translate well to MainLobby (I need something without the brackets). I would use the value of the HS device but that does not seem to parallel the degrees shown in the device string (the value of the device appears as a single number). Is this something that can be fixed easily or am I misunderstanding the device value.
    Regards, Bob

The device value is the 1 of 16 positions on the compass. If you scale it by 22.5 you should have a 360 degree number. This should be an easy translations through the MLHS plugin. You could also use it as an index to form a graphic to be used.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
      The device value is the 1 of 16 positions on the compass. If you scale it by 22.5 you should have a 360 degree number. This should be an easy translations through the MLHS plugin. You could also use it as an index to form a graphic to be used.
      Current reading is 135 degrees but device value shows as 2. If I'm following you correctly, shouldn't this be a value of 6?
      Regards, Bob

Comment

You are correct. I fixed it in 6.0.3 posted at the top of the subforum.

Comment

Upgraded to 6.0.3 and now I'm getting "GetCSVData: on line 270 Type mismatch" errors in the log and only some of my vws devices are updating (some are). The CSV file looks fine to me. I've attached my importformat file for you to review.
          Attached Files
          Regards, Bob

Comment

My mistake. V6.0.4 posted.

Comment

Michael,

The new update solved some of the issues in that most of my devices are updating now, with the exception of Wind Direction. The CSV file shows 144 for the value, the database shows 200 (for reasons I don't understand) and the HS device is stuck at 135 degrees (but has not been updated for some time now).

Additionally, I can't seem to get the graphs working. Whenever I try to create a graph with some of the imported data it returns a message that there is no data to graph. However, in looking at the database, I can see values in the approprate collums with the correct data. I have tried several different graphs (new and old) and none seem to work.
              Regards, Bob

Comment

Good News! The wind direction reading seems to be back working now. Not sure exactly how, but it is. One problem is that the value for the device is showing 101 with the devicestring at 90 degrees. I would expect this to show 4 (with a sixteen point system) or 90 (like the device string).

Still can't graph properly. Shows message that there is no items selected to graph (even though I know there is).
                Regards, Bob

Comment

For your graph diagnosis take a look at the tabular data to confirm the data for all sensors that you are trying to chart has non-zero values for min or max. The next step beyond that is to look at the SQL statements that will be in the General Debug log, if enabled.

The DeviceValue contains whatever is in the .csv file. The DeviceString contains this value normalized to a 16 point compass. Apparently the Davis has better resolution than the 16 compass points. I could try to make these equivalent, but dont think there is that much utility as the DeviceString does show only icons for the 16 compass points.

Comment

Working...
                  X