Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zero value won't chart

Hello Michael,

I have a current measurement that I'm logging with mcsTemperature. Any non-zero (+-) value plots as usual, however whenever the value is exactly 0 the line does not plot. When the value returns to something other than zero the line continues the plot. The table value does indicate 0.0 for NOW, just not on the chart. So the program is reading the device as zero but why not on the chart? I just tried updating to v6.0.0.4 in the hopes that would help but no luck.

I am using a custom label (AMPS). The value is obtained from a virtual HS device (code = '2).

In the image you can see that the current load went to zero amps at around 11:15pm last night the chart stopped logging the current, it was at this time the current went to "0 Amps" in the device. Then around 8am this morning the current started climbing from zero and the plotting started up again. Now you can also see that around 6:30pm this evening the current went to zero amps and the chart stopped plotting, but notice the table sees the current as 0 but never plots it at 0.

Is this something that can be configured?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mwaite; September 27, 2009, 09:51 PM. Reason: Added attachment
    Mike

Give 6.0.5 a try. Previously I had tried to remove special logic that exludes zero, but I see another area that was not done. It was not tested, but I think it should do what you need.

Comment

Great Michael! That fixed it! As usual, your support is legendary !

Many thanks.
      Mike

Comment

Hi Michael,

While upgrading my system to HSPro/Win7 x64, I upgraded mcsTemperature from 6.0.0.5 to 6.0.0.6. The zero-plotting fix you put in 6.0.0.5 for me is not in 6.0.0.6. I reverted back to 6.0.0.5 so everything's fine, just wanted to let you know.
        Mike

Comment

Thank You for letting me know. Easy to get out of sync when traveling and making changes on the road. I posted 6.0.7 that should have what you expected in 6.0.6.

Comment

Michael,

I upgraded to the latest version and now when I have temperature sensor drop outs, they get plotted as zero values. I liked the older version which would just pick up the temperature data when the sensor was seen again. Since some folks like zeros to be plotted and others don't, can it be a user specified function?

Thanks,
            Attached Files
            -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
            HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

Todd,

When I have drop-outs they don't plot as zeros, they just don't plot. The last (previous good) value is drawn to the new one. What the fix that Michael put in was that if the values ARE zeros, they weren't getting plotted at all, being skipped to the first non-zero value. Maybe Michael can explain why yours is plotting absent data to zero.

EDIT:
              Confirmed: I removed one of my temperature sensor batteries and confirmed that mcsTemperature (v6.1) kept plotting the same temperature while not receiving any data, then when I reinstalled the batteries the temperature plot continued on correctly.
              Last edited by mwaite; November 7, 2009, 03:22 PM.
              Mike

Comment

There is a setting that tells mcsTemperature if it should interpolate between samples or just leave a line break. If the sample rate is such that there are x axis pixels without samples and interpolation is not used then the lines will be like dashes.

When data is sampled and place in the database the bad readings can be recorded as zero or as same as previous.

What I did do was add another column in the Group page to let the user decide on a sensor by sensor basis if zeros should be included or excluded from the plotted set. I lost my HS with 2.4 so I cannot test at this time, but hopefully will get some direction soon on how to restore HS so I can continue with testing.

Comment

Version 6.1.1 has a new column on the Group edit page that allow the user to select which sensors should have zero excluded and which should be included. This should give whatever flexibilty is needed. The version is posted at the top of the mcsTemperature subforum

Comment

Working...
                  X