• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I fix this?

Devices %64; &60 and &62.
    Attached Files
    Regards, Bob

Looks like your house codes have been skewed. mcsTemperature uses two house codes with the lower valued one associated internally with House Code 1 and the other with House Code 2 with defaults per the following. The error rates are on the lower numbered house code devices 60 to 63. Device code 64 is used for each of the two house codes as "Original" devices so the plugin will always have these defined within HS so it will not loose the house code identification. 64 is normally hidden. The plugin displays the house codes it thinks it is using on one of the setup page and likely at the bottom. Depending upon what is correct for your setup will determine what the easiest way to correct is. You may find it useful to use InterfaceManager from a sticky in the ADIOcelot forum to help look at what HS really has.

Code:
    Public Const kTemperature As Integer = 1
    Public Const kTemperatureCount As Integer = 31
    Public Const kTBD1 As Integer = 32
    Public Const kWindDirection  As Integer = 33
    Public Const kWindSpeed  As Integer = 34
    Public Const kWindGust  As Integer = 35
    Public Const kRainToday  As Integer = 36
    Public Const kHumidity  As Integer = 41
    Public Const kHumidityCount = 9
    'Public Const kVersionId = 50
    Public Const kBarometer As Integer = 37
    Public Const kRainRate As Integer = 38
    Public Const kBarometerRate As Integer = 39
    Public Const kHumidityRate As Integer = 40
    Public Const kHighWind As Integer = 50
    Public Const kRelay As Integer = 51
    Public Const kRelayCount As Integer = 8
    Public Const kRelayTimer As Integer = 59
    Public Const kErrorRate As Integer = 60
    Public Const kDS9097Error As Integer = 61
    Public Const kTemp05Error As Integer = 62
    Public Const kSensorError As Integer = 63
    Public Const kLightning As Integer = 64
    Public Const kLightningCount As Integer = 1
    Public Const kLightningRate As Integer = 65
    Public Const kLightningRateCount As Integer = 1
    Public Const kVoltage As Integer = 67
    Public Const kVoltageCount As Integer = 100 - kVoltage
    'House Code 2
    Public Const kSwitch As Integer = 1
    Public Const kSwitchCount As Integer = 36
    Public Const kMisc As Integer = 37
    Public Const kGallon As Integer = 44
    Public Const kMiscCount As Integer = kGallon - kMisc - 1
    Public Const kGallonRate As Integer = 45
    Public Const kGallonCount As Integer = 1
    Public Const kGallonRateCount As Integer = 1
    Public Const kSprinkler As Integer = 46
    Public Const kSprinklerCount As Integer = 1
    Public Const kForecast As Integer = 47
    Public Const kWatt As Integer = 48
    Public Const kWattCount As Integer = 1
    Public Const kWattRate As Integer = 49
    Public Const kWattRateCount As Integer = 1

Comment

Here is what is displayed on the Virtual Devices setup page.

"Default House Code for New Sensors & Plugin House Codes are & and ("

Does this help. What's the next step to get it fixed?
      Regards, Bob

Comment

The % house code must be left over from a prior install. You need to remove this house code association for mcsTemperature. Delete %64 and any other % that has mcsTemperature as the .interface property. Restart. If you do not want to manually change device names then delete all devices on & and ( except 64 before restart

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
          The % house code must be left over from a prior install. You need to remove this house code association for mcsTemperature. Delete %64 and any other % that has mcsTemperature as the .interface property. Restart. If you do not want to manually change device names then delete all devices on & and ( except 64 before restart
          Other than %64 there is no other 64 device in mcsTemperature. Are you saying to delete the devices or change something in the ini file for mcsTemperature? to remove the association. I don't see anything in the ini file related to the associations.
          Regards, Bob

Comment

The associations are maintained within the .Interface property of the Homeseer devices. The tool I referenced will give you visibilty to this. When you are looking for device 64 make certain the hide device propery is not filtering the display.

The objective is to have exactly two house codes associated with mcsSprinkelrs so that when mcsSprinklers starts it will know which ones belong to it. For devices that it knows about that HS does not know about it should create them and give them a resonable name and location.

The InterfaceManager tools gives you convenient editing capabilty to the set of HS devices and includes properties that are applicable and not visible with the UI that HS provides.

Comment

I deleted all the devices with House codes of "&" and "(" and then restarted HS. Now I don't see any device with Code 64 (even when using the interfacemanager program); some of my sensors are missing devices and the forecast is not displaying properly.

I may have really hosed this up.
              Attached Files
              Regards, Bob

Comment

Forcast likely has not yet updated. You can use Get Forecast Now button to get it earlier. I dont know what you mean about missing DC for sensors. You seem to have &1, &2 etc. The device 64 is only a placeholder to assure the housecode is not given to some other plugin when a new plugin is added. I did expect it to be created.

Comment

Michael,

Here are the problems I see with the above,

1. No devices are created for sensors &1, &3, &4 and &67 (all of which appear on the sensor page of the plugin)

2. Devices &60 through &63 (Composite Error Rate, DS97097 Error rate, TEMP05 Error Count and Sensor Error Count) are listed/reserved in the plugin for "Forecast 2 - 5 Min".

3. The forcast did populate (after the above screen shot), but are overridden by the Erorr count information per above for devices &60 through &63.

Thanks for the help.
                  Regards, Bob

Comment

I believe the devices are only created when you do a Save from the sensor page.
                    If I recall correctly the devices where all the forecast info is stored is a user input. It originally defaulted to the second mcsTempeature house but your skew of the house code now has the setup using the first of the two. You will want to change these device codes on the setup to use something other than what is used by the error counts.

Comment

Working...
                    X