Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chartdirector problems

Hi,

I just updated Chartdirector from v3.1 to v5.0.2 (ASP/VB/COM version). Now I don't get the graph at all in the temperature.asp page. I am using mscTemperature v6. I get following error message in the HS log:
    17.11.2009 19:09:40 mcsTemperature Draw CD Chart on line 4380 ActiveX component can't create object

I am using HS v. 2.4.0 on a WinXP+SP2 box. I am not sure whether this is only a problem in the mcsTemperature because I use Chartdirector to plot graps for my water, electricity and energy consumption and the graphs are not plotted anymore in this page either. Any ideas?

Confirm only 1 copy of ChartDirector is installed. Reregister the .ocx from DOS with regsvr32.exe

Comment

Mike,

I uninstalled Chartdirector and installed latest v5. I then registered chartviewer.ocx with regsvr32.exe. This was OK. I rebooted HS2 box, but I still get the same error message. Any ideas?

Jari

Comment

I would like to help, but I think the problem is local to your location. I just downloaded the 5.02 and had no issues. I also confirmed that the same object "ChartDirector.API" is being used in the prior and current versions. mcsTemperature uses late binding so it is not version dependent and only depends upon the name being the same.

Comment

Mike,

OK, thanks. I wonder whether it's time to make a fresh HS2 install then. I have just been upgrading HS2 by installing a new version over old one. SP3 also killed chartdirector.

Jari

Comment

Mike,

Even though I uninstalled the old version, it left some files and new version didn't seem to work. I uninstalled again Chartdirector and manually deleted it's installation folder. I reinstalled chartdirector and now it works. Thanks a lot for pointing to right direction.

Comment

Working...
            X