MCS Temperature Install Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MCS Temperature Install Problem

So... installed the version 4.02 1-wire drivers from Maxim and configured with Default 1-wire Net to the correct com port ... then installed the plug-in from the updater. When I attempt to configure the interface it doesn't auto populate the com port for the DS9097U. Can't see the sensors, etc.

So questions:

Some post seem to indicate that the MS Java machine is required, the machine I have has Sun. If MS is required where do you get it? It seems to not be available.

I tried to manually enter the COM port, but it isn't clear the exact syntax ... from the screenshots it appears to be <COM3>

Here is the log error message which appears to indicate the driver is not working:
    11/24/2009 1:44:58 PM - mcsTemperature - InitINIVariables sensorType=0, index=0 on line 8040 ActiveX component can't create object

Any hints are appreciated.

Frank

There are several discussions on this subject on the message board so if what I note here is not complete then a little search should find more info. You need a prior version of drivers from Dallas. 4.0.2 will not work. You need the MS JVM. It is no longer available from MS. I posted a pair of files at http://mcsSprinklers dot com/msjvm.zip that I found some time back on the web. One is the base install over XP and the other is an update.

If you want to use the current Dallas drivers and Sun JVM then you can use the .NET 1 wire plugin that is posted on the board or you can use xapmcs1Wire which is also .NET as the 1-wire interface.

Comment

Thanks Michael ... I found the correct version of the driver after reading a lot of post. The link you posted was the last piece. I now have sensors being read, just have to spend some time now to understand how to use the plug-in.

Thanks for the help.

Frank

Comment

Working...
      X