Problem with graphs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with graphs

With a blizzard upon us today I was checking on one of my graphs that monitors my furnace operation and found that the graph didn't show a line for my thermostat actual temp. I checked the 'groups' screen and it was still selected along with the other devices I have selected for this particular graph. On the graph screen I selected 'Table' for my graph type and found that my thermostat actual temp was there but the checkbox for it was not selected. When I selected it and went back to the line graph everything showed properly. On any chart that has multiple devices being charted, whichever device is first in order on the 'group' screen for that group does not display (just like my furnace chart).
    On several other graphs I have where I only chart 1 device, I get the 'No items selected for line graph' message.
    I spotted this first on 6.1.0.2, but am still seeing it now after updating to 6.1.0.3.
    Dick
    HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

bump
    Dick
    HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

I think you need to better characterize what issue you are having. I setup a test group where only a single sensor is included. It charted as I expected with V6.1.3. I get the same result with Lin or LinTab option selected.
      Attached Files

Comment

OK, for example I have data being collected on my freezer temperature (1 device/variable defined in that 'group'). If I select that group to be displayed as a 'line' chart I get the 'No items selected for line graph' message. If I then do as you showed and changed to 'LinTab' chart, I get no line graph, but this screen shown below. I have to manually select the 'Freezer Temp' device before I can have it properly display.
        If I select a group with multiple devices/locations in the group, one of them is always missing and the only way I can get it to display all the devices is to go into the LinTab screen and select the unchecked device, then redraw the chart.
        Attached Files
        Dick

Comment

I would like to see what you have in you mcsTemperature.ini file as it is now and then after you go into the Group Edit and then save after making the change to both show and draw the sensor. All that I am interested in is the group section definition, but if you post both versions of mcsTemperature.ini then I can find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
            I would like to see what you have in you mcsTemperature.ini file as it is now and then after you go into the Group Edit and then save after making the change to both show and draw the sensor. All that I am interested in is the group section definition, but if you post both versions of mcsTemperature.ini then I can find it.
            Just so you know, I am not going into the Group Edit screen to get the missing sensors to show up on a graph. While on the graph screen I am changing the Graph 'Type' on that screen to LinSel and then 'checking' the missing sensor. Even if I do go into the Group edit screen and change and save the changes the graph still does not display the sensor.
            The '[Group]' section of the ini file is NOT changing when I make any changes that get the graph to display with all sensors. The Freezer Temps graph [Group] line reads: Freezer_Temps="None","Line","R3"0-1 and doesn't change if I select the sensor on the the LinSel graph screen and get it to display correctly. Once I get a graph to display correctly, if I select another graph to display and then come back immediately to the first one, it again does not display correctly until I go in and check the missing sensor on the 'LinSel' type graph screen.
            The changes to the ini file occur in the [ASP] section where a sensor is marked 'checked' or not. Even if the sensor says 'checked' in the ini file before starting up MCSTemprature (using URL = http://localhost:XXXX/Temperature.asp) the sensor still comes up not checked. It appears that the graphing function is not checking the [ASP] section to see if a sensor is 'checked'?
            Attached is my full MCSTemperature.ini file. Hopefully you can find something out of place.
            Attached Files
            Dick

Comment

Working...
            X