Graph limits calculation changed???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graph limits calculation changed???

Did something with the latest version (6.1.0.4) change as to how graph limits are calculated if not defined in the definition of a group?

I have a group for charting outdoor temps. I'm not positive, but I think MCSTemperature was doing a pretty good job of calculating the limits for the chart/graph with previous versions. (I was at 6.1.0.3) Now when it graphs todays temps it is setting the limits at 0 and 140 even though the warmest temp showing on the charts is 28. That tends to squish all the data in the lower 1/4 of the chart. It seems like it remembers what the highest high value for that chart was and uses that rather than calculating the limits based on the present chart data.
    Attached Files
    Dick
    HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Show the LINTAB chart so you will see the actual data range being charted. There was no change in this area with the last update. Also look at the Edit page to make certain specific ranges were not specified.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
      Show the LINTAB chart so you will see the actual data range being charted. There was no change in this area with the last update. Also look at the Edit page to make certain specific ranges were not specified.
      OK, when I just tried that, all the data IS within the <30 range and the chart displayed as I would have expected, even after changing back to 'Line' type.

The 140 upper limit on the previous charts was a carryover from when I displayed a 1 year chart where the one temp did hit almost 140. But after I shift back to a shorter time period, shouldn't it re-calculate the limits?

FYI, no specific ranges are set on the groups definition screen for this group.
      Attached Files
      Dick
      HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

Working...
      X