X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switch graph

I cannot get discrete graphing to work.

What I did was create a new device, X2, that I called Doors

I setup an event to set the device X2 ON when my doomotion occupancy sensor was occupied (in this case, doors open), OFF when vacant (doors closed).

I setup X2 as a switch in mcsTemperature. I opened and closed doors - the events are working, I see X2 switching off/on... But, I opened the mcstemperature database in access - there are no records in the X2 table at all.

I then tried to set the value to 1/0 instead of ON/OFF - same result. Nothing is being logged.

Any ideas on what I need to do to start logging data? I have a couple temperature sensors and they are logging/graphing OK.

Thanks!

mcsTemperature uses the Homeseer event callback to handle discrete changes for the devcies it does not provide the physical interface. When the general debug is enabled there is a entry made in the debug log with the label "Check Device Event". If you enable the general debug and test your input then the information wil be in the log. The log should be in the \Data subfolder with a .txt file type.

Another thing to check is to assure on the Sensor page that a database field has been defined for this switch.

The third thing is that the switch needs to have its status change and not its value change to be recorded as a switch input change.

Comment

I verified the 2 easy ones - I am using on/off (not value), I have database field defined in sensor setup.

As for the debug, do you mean homeseer hs.debugmode? If so, what value to pass and what should I be looking for?

Thanks,

Comment

The mcsTemperature General Debug which I think is set on the Interfaces page of mcsTemperature.

Comment

I got the general debug on, I see entries being made for the temperature sensor (Log temperature sensor count =12, Insert...)

But, I keep turning my discrete on and off (via an event), no entries in the log.. There must be some disconnect somewhere - I enclosed screen shots. Temperature is working great. Using latest version of HS and temp. Thanks
          Attached Files

Comment

Can you show me the segment of the debug log that contains the "Check Device Event"?

Comment

Enclosed is the general debug log - I don't see any log entries for my discrete sensors...
              Attached Files

Comment

No calls from HS to the plugin are being generated on the status event. When the plugin starts, if debug is enabled, it will show the event mask it is telling HS it should apply. If you restart HS this will then be in the debug log. I can see from your current debug that mcsTemperature recognizes the set of X house code devices as being discrete's.

Leave the debug enabled, restart hs, try to change the status of one of the switches and then post both both the debug .txt file and the \Config\mcsTemperature.ini

Comment

I can see entries now for my events but you can see the error in the log. Thanks for your help - I renamed the ini to a txt...
                  Attached Files

Comment

The error indicates that the table X2 does not contain a field name Discrete. This field should be created when the table is created. What does your database look like with respect to table X2? Is the table X2 present? Does it have Discrete field defined? There should also be a field SampleDate for the date and I think also an integer field for Duration.

If the table is present, but not in good condition then delete it and let mcsTemperature recreate it. mcsTemperature should recreate the fields on HS startup and I think it also may do it on a Save operation.

If you do not have Access on the computer then you can zip up and post the .mdb if it is not too big.

Comment

The X2 table exists and contains 3 fields:

ID, SampleDate, Duration

All the discrete tables are the same - no entries in any of them, all have 3 fields.

I deleted/rebuilt the datafile and got the same result - no discrete field, just a duration field...

Comment

Any messages in the HS log? I will do a little experimentation here tomorrow. Another way to get over the hurdle is to just manually create Discrete as an integer field.

Comment

I don't see anything in the logs in HS - let me know if you want me to turn on more debugging in HS to help find the issue. Thanks.

Comment

I deleted mcsTemperature.mdb from my system and used your mcsTemperature.ini file. After HS startup I went to Interface page of mcsTemperature and did a Save. The following showed in the HS log which was expected

Code:
                            3/1/2010 8:15:10 AM ~!~mcsTemperature~!~ FormatTemperatureScreen on line 1970 Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\mcsTemperature.mdb'.
                            3/1/2010 8:17:40 AM ~!~mcsTemperature~!~Created Database(s) C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\mcsTemperature.mdb
                            3/1/2010 8:17:40 AM ~!~mcsTemperature~!~Creating database table for normalize forecast data in C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\mcsTemperature.mdb\tblTemperatureForecast
                            3/1/2010 8:17:40 AM ~!~mcsTemperature~!~Creating database table for Sensor X2 in C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\mcsTemperature.mdb
                            3/1/2010 8:17:40 AM ~!~mcsTemperature~!~Creating database table for Sensor X7 in C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\mcsTemperature.mdb
                            3/1/2010 8:17:40 AM ~!~mcsTemperature~!~Creating database table for Sensor X4 in C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\mcsTemperature.mdb
                            3/1/2010 8:17:40 AM ~!~mcsTemperature~!~Creating database table for Sensor X5 in C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\mcsTemperature.mdb
                            3/1/2010 8:17:40 AM ~!~mcsTemperature~!~Creating database table for Sensor X8 in C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\mcsTemperature.mdb
                            3/1/2010 8:17:40 AM ~!~mcsTemperature~!~Creating database table for Sensor X9 in C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\mcsTemperature.mdb
                            3/1/2010 8:17:40 AM ~!~mcsTemperature~!~Creating database table for Sensor X10 in C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\mcsTemperature.mdb
                            3/1/2010 8:17:40 AM ~!~mcsTemperature~!~Creating database table for Sensor X6 in C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\mcsTemperature.mdb
                            3/1/2010 8:17:40 AM ~!~mcsTemperature~!~Creating database table for Sensor X1 in C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\mcsTemperature.mdb
                            3/1/2010 8:17:40 AM ~!~mcsTemperature~!~Creating database table for Sensor X3 in C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\mcsTemperature.mdb
                            3/1/2010 8:17:40 AM ~!~mcsTemperature~!~Creating Virtual Device(s) X7,X8,X9,X10,X6,Q6,Q2
                            I looked at the database tables and they were all created with the desired fields including "Discrete". It is attached. There has not been any changes in this area since the version from the Updater. Since you have no error messages I do not know were to proceed. You can use the attached database if you have no other information in your database that is of interest or you can try to define another switch and look closely in HS log for any feedback.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Maybe the problem is with the creation

I deleted the mdb file
                              I restarted HS

In the log, I see the following entry:

3/1/10 12:17:01 PM ~!~mcsTemperature~!~Version 6.0.7 Registered with Homeseer
                              3/1/10 12:17:01 PM ~!~COM Plugin~!~Calling InitIO
                              3/1/10 12:17:01 PM ~!~mcsTemperature~!~Temperature database Table C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\mcsTemperature.mdb\Temperature does not exist on line 1540 Operation is not allowed when the object is closed.
                              3/1/10 12:17:01 PM ~!~Plug-In~!~Finished initializing plug-in mcsTemperature

The database doesn't get created by HS - so, my theory is the buttons to recreate the database/repair are not working either (thus the field isn't added) - so, there has to be some disconnect - given the temperature are logging OK, the datafile is being used so I am at a loss why these functions are not working and temp logging is...

I enclosed the whole startup log with general debug on.

Thanks for all your help,
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X