Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Attempt to set Device ]60" error in log file

I keep getting thie following entry in my log:

25/05/2010 20:38:17 mcsTemperature Attempt to set Device ]60 but this device code has not yet been associated with a physical device

Deivce ]60 does exist, it is an auto created 1-wire related device, see here:

Status Location Group Name Code Type Last Change
    0.02% System Technology Composite Error Rate ]60 Monitor Today 20:38:17

Any idea why I get the above error message in the log and what to do about it?

TIA
    Nicolai
    Nicolai L

It seems as if you are trying to command an output to device ]60, Based upon the name it looks as if this device is one that is being used by mcsTemperature to report the count of errors. I suggest researching what is trying to output to this device.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
      It seems as if you are trying to command an output to device ]60, Based upon the name it looks as if this device is one that is being used by mcsTemperature to report the count of errors. I suggest researching what is trying to output to this device.
      Understood. However, I have searched through all of my events and all of the scripts that have been created and none of them appears to have a reference to this device.

Any other ideas on how I could pinpoint what is causing this?

TIA
      Nicolai L

Comment

There is a trace dump for HS calls to mcsTemperature that can be enabled with a one line script event
        &hs.Plugin("mcsTemperature").Trace=1
        It will open a file in the HS folder mcsTemperatureTrace.txt. One of the items in the trace will be SETIO that shows the HS request for mcsTempeature to output to one of its devices. See if it is happening with your problem device code.
        To stop the trace you need to disable/reenable mcsTemperature or just restart HS

Comment

Thanks, Michael. I have attached a pared down version of the trace I captured and you can see that at 16.20.14 the device in question ]60 does get touched.

Not sure what this means though?

Nicolai
          Attached Files
          Nicolai L

Comment

The trace shows that HS is requesting ]60 to have its device value set to 0
            Unless something changed recently with HS, when a plugin tries to set a device of which it has ownership then HS will not call the plugin to set it, but will just update its internal status. By calling it, then a circular loop could result.

It is much more likely that something else is making the call to HS and HS is forrwarding the request to mcsTemperature because it recognizes the .interface property of the device is associated with mcsTemperature. If another plugin is using house code ] then this could be an issue. The other is what you already researched is some script or event is trying to set ]60 to 0.

Comment

I just can't find anything anywhere related to that device. I've gone through all of the web based setups for plugins and have scanned through all of the settings files in the config directory. The only reference I can find is in the settings file for mcstemperature.

If this is not caused by mcstemperature then I think I'm out of ideas. Seeing as this is not causing any issues at the moment (but is annoying as something is happening that I can't explain) I think I might have to just live with it for now.

Cheers
              Nicolai
              Nicolai L

Comment

Working...
              X