Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pros & Cons of moving off version 4?

Hi,

What are the pros and cons and "watch-out-fors" in moving from version 4 to version 6?

I wasn't keen to move to version 5 after reading in some posts (a while ago now) about how the web based interface was in general not as good as the v4 interface because of the inherent differences (not the developer's fault).

I wondered if, with time and version 6 now out, the inherent shortcomings have been mitigated somewhat. Am also worried that I might be facing a tough upgrade the longer I wait (and may already have waited too long?). Although v4 hasn't failed me yet (I just upgraded to HS 2.4.0.11 a week ago), am worried that it will fail or prevent me from moving forward at some point and that I might want to bite the bullet now for strategic reasons.

Any comments and suggestions would be appreciated.

I moved and it wasn't problematic for me.

My settings were mostly imported and I did not reset it to scratch. It took a bit to get used to the web interface.
    Last edited by Pete; August 22, 2010, 08:02 PM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.12.X
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.12.X
    HS4 Pro - V4.1.7.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.12.x
    HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

The only poroblem area that I am aware is the Temperature Events and especially the Temperature Actions. A lot of time has passed so the automatic update features build into the plugin may no longer function because they are expecting an orderly progression and not a major step. It has been too long to remember specifics.

Comment

How's the leap for the logic around trigger conditions? That's all I use with respect to temperature events; have not taken advantage of temperature actions. I also use the plug-in to read my sensors hanging off a Temp08 (firmware v1.12, I believe) and get weatherxml data.

Comment

The Event UI changed significantly. Unless there is a reason to update for a new capability then I would not take the risk

Comment

Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Working...
            X