Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charting not working

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Charting not working

    Michael:

    I have been having issues charting the sensors. A week or so ago, after asking you how to re-build my entire database, I re-built the database in the hopes of correcting the problems I was having then, which was a charting problem.

    Well, after going thru all that I still can't seem to chart anything.

    Here are some details:

    I am running version V6.2.14
    I have well over 40 1-wire devices, a sample of my database is shown below.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	1203760

    When I hit TREND, I get this image:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard02.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	1203761
    or this image:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard03.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	1203762

    But when I try to edit the groups to add sensors and setup charting, I only get a blank screen and every now and then I get an entry in the HS log that says:

    <TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>mcsTemperature </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>FormatGroupScreen: on line 50 Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

    Every now and then when I try to setup my charts, the mcsTemperature program just stops responding when I look in the Task Manager and I have to re-start Homeseer.

    I have been using mcsTemperature for quite a while and used to have no trouble displaying and creating custom charts. now I can't do any of that.

    I looked in the ini file and under groups I have one line that says:

    [Group]
    Default="None","LinSel","BF000800E4652010"|0-1,"E1000800E47B8410"|0-1,"61000801C02D2410"|0-1,"86000800E4822610"|0-1,"CB000801040FCE10"|0-1,"CC00080104049D10"|0-1,"AC00080104165D10"|0-1,"39000800E46F4B10"|0-1,"C9000800E4896B10"|0-1,"F0000800E45EEF10"|0-1,"30000000CAD80E26"|0-1,"160000009E801E26"|0-1,"5F0000007BB4D926"|0-1,"45000000740C1B26"|0-1,"30000000CAD80E26B"|0-1,"30000000CAD80E26K"|0-1,"160000009E801E26H"|0-1,"160000009E801E26K"|0-1,"30000000CAD80E26V"|0-1,"30000000CAD80E26V1"|0-1,"30000000CAD80E26V2"|0-1,"160000009E801E26V"|0-1,"160000009E801E26V1"|0-1,"160000009E801E26V2"|0-1,"5F0000007BB4D926H"|0-1,"5F0000007BB4D926K"|0-1,"5F0000007BB4D926V"|0-1,"5F0000007BB4D926V1"|0-1,"5F0000007BB4D926V2"|0-1,"45000000740C1B26H"|0-1,"45000000740C1B26K"|0-1,"45000000740C1B26V"|0-1,"45000000740C1B26V1"|0-1,"45000000740C1B26V2"|0-1,"8B0000002D695081S"|0-1

    Any ideas where to begin trying to figure out how to get charts working again.

  • #2
    The "Default" group is only a placeholder and should not be used to build a chart.
    If you enable general debug and try the case of LINTAB then the output in the \Data folder should provide some clue why no data for line chart. I'm also confused that you have "Edit" selected but data showing for the table/chart. Edit is ony used to select sensors that go on the same chart.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
      The "Default" group is only a placeholder and should not be used to build a chart.
      If you enable general debug and try the case of LINTAB then the output in the \Data folder should provide some clue why no data for line chart. I'm also confused that you have "Edit" selected but data showing for the table/chart. Edit is ony used to select sensors that go on the same chart.
      I'll turn on the debug session ans see what happens. I think the confusion you talked about with the EDIT is part of the problem. I did not change the selection for that box. That's what comes up.

      Comment


      • #4
        I turned on general debug for a few minutes nad here is the log file.

        For reference in the file to events that I was doing:

        At 2:40 I hit the mcsTemperature button from the HS Plug-in page. The web pages changed to the mcsTemperature Trends page.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	1162275

        I then hit the Groups URL and got a blank page.

        The log debug log file is attached:

        mcsTemperature_GeneralDebug1_9_2011 2_28_50 PM.txt

        Thanks

        Comment


        • #5
          The following was in the debug and it should also be in the HS Log
          1/9/2011 2:40:53 PM 52853.72 | mcsTemperature | FormatGroupScreen: on line 50 Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal.

          When you have the page that you posted above showing then select the pulldown that now has Default showing. Select Edit. In the text box where the group name can be entered type in something else and also select for display a sensor. Use the Update button to save it. This new name should now be a group that you have available. Select ToGraph button to draw the chart. If you go back to HS Devices/Status and slect mcsTemperature button again it should draw this newly defined group.

          I also notice that your Default definition in mcsTemperature.ini has many sensors associated with it. It is unlikely you want so many on the same chart. Another approach you can take to getting something other than Default defined is copy the current line in mcsTemperature.ini that defines Default and past it under the current one. Change Default on it to something else. This will then define a group that you can use.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
            The following was in the debug and it should also be in the HS Log
            1/9/2011 2:40:53 PM 52853.72 | mcsTemperature | FormatGroupScreen: on line 50 Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal.

            When you have the page that you posted above showing then select the pulldown that now has Default showing. Select Edit. In the text box where the group name can be entered type in something else and also select for display a sensor. Use the Update button to save it. This new name should now be a group that you have available. Select ToGraph button to draw the chart. If you go back to HS Devices/Status and slect mcsTemperature button again it should draw this newly defined group.

            I also notice that your Default definition in mcsTemperature.ini has many sensors associated with it. It is unlikely you want so many on the same chart. Another approach you can take to getting something other than Default defined is copy the current line in mcsTemperature.ini that defines Default and past it under the current one. Change Default on it to something else. This will then define a group that you can use.
            I tried following your example to the letter. On the above screen as soon as I select EDIT the web page updates and it is just blank. I never see a box to enter a new group name.

            I also tried your second approach. under the [Group] heading I copied the one line in the section labeled "Default" to "DebugDefault" and saved the ini file. I then went back to open the above screen and my new name is in the scroll box but it looks exactly like the original screen shot. there is still nothing there to select.

            Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	1162278

            Maybe when I re-installed my database, I editted too much out of the ini file. I wonder if there is another section header missing. Can you give me a list of what the different sections in the ini file should be?

            Comment


            • #7
              Michael:

              I just located the copy of the mcs database and ini file I saved before re-installing all my 1-wire sensors.

              The ini files are definately different, for instance, in the old ini file under [Groups] I had this line:

              All="None","Line","\10"-1,"\43"-1,"\73"-1,"\74"-1,"\75"-1,"\6"-1,"\3"-1,,,,"\41"-1,"\67"-1,"\68"-1,"\69"-1,"\9"-1,"\42"-1,"\70"-1,"\71"-1,"\72"-1,"\5"-1,"\12"-1,"\4"-1,"\2"-1,,,,"\1"-1,"\8"-1,"\11"-1,"\7"-1

              Under the new ini file in the [Group] section my default line looks like:

              Default="None","LinSel","BF000800E4652010"|0-1,"E1000800E47B8410"|0-1,"61000801C02D2410"|0-1,"86000800E4822610"|0-1,"CB000801040FCE10"|0-1,"CC00080104049D10"|0-1,"AC00080104165D10"|0-1,"39000800E46F4B10"|0-1,"C9000800E4896B10"|0-1,"F0000800E45EEF10"|0-1,"30000000CAD80E26"|0-1,"160000009E801E26"|0-1,"5F0000007BB4D926"|0-1,"45000000740C1B26"|0-1,"30000000CAD80E26B"|0-1,"30000000CAD80E26K"|0-1,"160000009E801E26H"|0-1,"160000009E801E26K"|0-1,"30000000CAD80E26V"|0-1,"30000000CAD80E26V1"|0-1,"30000000CAD80E26V2"|0-1,"160000009E801E26V"|0-1,"160000009E801E26V1"|0-1,"160000009E801E26V2"|0-1,"5F0000007BB4D926H"|0-1,"5F0000007BB4D926K"|0-1,"5F0000007BB4D926V"|0-1,"5F0000007BB4D926V1"|0-1,"5F0000007BB4D926V2"|0-1,"45000000740C1B26H"|0-1,"45000000740C1B26K"|0-1,"45000000740C1B26V"|0-1,"45000000740C1B26V1"|0-1,"45000000740C1B26V2"|0-1,"8B0000002D695081S"|0-1

              The old file used my device house code and the new file is usng the device name which I haven't changed yet since re-learning all the sensors again.


              In the old ini file under the [ASP] section was the name of all my sensors looking like:

              TemperatureOfficeTempSensor=checked

              There are over 80 entries in this section.

              In the new ini file in that same section this is ALL I see:

              [ASP]
              BF000800E4652010=checked
              AirTemperature=checked
              =checked

              Any clues there?

              Comment


              • #8
                Your old one looks reasonable with device codes. zip up mcsTemperature.ini and post it and I will see how it shows up here.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                  Your old one looks reasonable with device codes. zip up mcsTemperature.ini and post it and I will see how it shows up here.
                  Thanks for looking at this.

                  mcsTemperature.zip

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I get the same thing, but I also have some startup messages in the HS log. It may be just my vs. your environment. Do you have any startup messages from mcsTemperature other than normal ones?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      If you make an edit to your mcsTemperature.ini to remove the line "sortorder=Exclude" then you should be able to define your groups. You might as well also remove all the items in the Default group definition after "Linsel" just to clean it up. I will update mcsTemperature to be tolerant of bad values for sortorder key, but you can work with what you have.

                      It looks like you have entries on the Setup Form. The form should not be used as it has not been well maintained. Use the browser pages for the setup definitions. On one setup you have Sensor for the table name and on the other you have Temperature.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                        If you make an edit to your mcsTemperature.ini to remove the line "sortorder=Exclude" then you should be able to define your groups. You might as well also remove all the items in the Default group definition after "Linsel" just to clean it up. I will update mcsTemperature to be tolerant of bad values for sortorder key, but you can work with what you have.

                        It looks like you have entries on the Setup Form. The form should not be used as it has not been well maintained. Use the browser pages for the setup definitions. On one setup you have Sensor for the table name and on the other you have Temperature.
                        That got it. Thanks Michael.

                        You are correct in your assumption of using the setup form versus browser page. When I originally started using your plug-in, the setup form WAS the only form. When I re-installed and re-learned all my sensors a few weeks ago, I used the old ini file and just editted out the old device codes and sensors serial numbers.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X