Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature request

Hi Michael,
    Could it be possible to change the graph selection "Period" to be more flexible. A calendar selection would also be nice. Right now I'm limited to 6 hours, it would be great if I could see it by minutes or by hour interval. It would be nice to be able to enter the value instead of a predefined set of times.

Thanks,
    Aldo

I do agree with you that there are times when a specific look at a data range would be desirable. There are specific intervals selected to provide a good correlation between pixels on the display and the source data and this also relates to the efficiency at which data is queried from the database.

My xAP charting application is similiar to mcsTemperature where it adds 1 Hour and 6 minute periods for the chart duration. This was done for my high rate data collection such as for electricy usage. I will not be doing the same periods for mcsTemperature.

I have also worked with ChartDirector in other applications where I use the mouse to select a zoom window on the displayed chart. This is quite effective to interactively select the displayed duration and vertical scaling. It also will not be incorporated into mcsTemperature.

The bottom line is that mcsTemperature will not be made into a general purpose graphing package, but will continue to provide an easy mechanism to collect and chart data with minimum user setup.

Comment

The MCS Temperature is a great application because people have the ability not just to collect data but to view it as well. Changing the parameter to allow the user to enter different values would be a great addition to it, trust me I use it all the times. I love your work, just surprises me that this is not part of the plugin.

Thanks,
      Aldo

Comment

Working...
      X