No announcement yet.

AAG Wind sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I'm running into an issue now. Not sure if I should take this the the xap 1-wire part of the forum.

I'm not sure but may be doing something wrong. I have the one wire viewer working fine.

When I run the xap1-wire application though it wants to reload the drivers and it tries and fails because a newer version is already installed. (think I'm at the v403 versus the v400 that its trying to install - it errors on the install).

Found out that the newest version of the Maxim onewire drivers works and I can see the device. I tested by removing all of the maxim one wire drivers. I then let the XAP 1-wire do its thing and it did but didn't see the new USB 9097. I deleted the drivers and again installed the newest Maxim drivers and all was well.
    Attached Files
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU - Mono 6.4X
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.4X

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation.

Comment

mcsTemperature was developed in VB6 and uses the Maxim drivers that existed before they released their .NET version. The earlier Maxim drivers are based upon the MS JVM. The plugin tries to download the correct version, but if there drivers already installed then it likely will not. The path for the drivers is ftp://ftp.dalsemi.com/pub/auto_id/li...ivers_v400.msi

I believe you already have the info for MS JVM.

xapmcs1wire is .NET and uses the latest Maxim drivers and does not need MS JVM. It does, however, need MS J which is also obsolete, but at least still legal.

Comment

Thanks Michael. Decided to try on a separate box right now and not the HS box.

Initially removed old Maxim drivers. I already had both MS JVM and MS J installed.

I removed the Maxim 403 drivers and attempted to install the 400 drivers above and see the following error.

If I ignore the error the DS9097U tab does not see the new USB 9097.

I can install the 403 Maxim drivers with no error and I can see the new 9097 USB device with the one wire viewer using the DS9097U_DS948X tab.

BUT the device that I am using with the 403 drivers is not in the tabs of the 400 drivers.
        Attached Files
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU - Mono 6.4X
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.4X

Comment

The only USB that existed back in those days is DS9490. You will not be able to use the combination that you are trying. Assuming the current Maxim drivers for .NET recognize the USB 9097 then your choice is to work in an xAP environment or to stay with the Temp08 for your wind instrument.

Comment

I am looking to stay in the xAP environment.

So I won't be able to utilize mcsXap1-wire application with the new drivers for the USB 9097 that I am using?

The two RS-232 Maxim 9097's are pretty full now with multiple sensors on the HS box; so leaving that alone for the time being. HS also has a Temp05 and Temp08 connected to it via RS-232. The second Temp-08 is on another box sending xap data to MCSTemperature via XAP. I just wanted to add the USB9097 on this other box to send the data to HS via Xap.

I've added more Temperature/Humidity sensors to a second Temp08 not on the HS box and currently using XAP for the data from the Temp08 via mcsXapTemp0X application. So on this "other" box I was just adding mcsXap1-Wire to get data from this new 9098USB device concurrent with the mcsTemp0x application running on the same box.

If this works then I can go to the WAN world of remote xAP.
            Last edited by Pete; March 25th, 2011, 05:52 PM.
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

So I won't be able to utilize mcsXap1-wire application with the new drivers for the USB 9097 that I am using?
              I have no experience with the USB9097. It does appear from your experience that the Maxim drivers do not work with it so all of my 1-wire applications will not work with it. It is odd that they would call it a 9097 and not be able to use 9097 drivers.

Comment

Thanks Michael; got it working.

Very unique setup with the device being labeled USB9097 and using a propietary USB to serial connection. The issue came from putting in the com port. I removed the com port piece; restarted plugin and was good to go.

Very cheap but well constructed device. The device came with a splitter, 1-wire extension cable and two temperature sensors. The output is VCC, Data and GND.

Now to connect it to the AAG wind instrument. I have to make a connection from the 2-wires connected to the AAG to the three wire connector on this new USB9097 device. I will post pictures.
                Last edited by Pete; March 27th, 2011, 08:47 AM.
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                X