Name et DB Field for Sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name et DB Field for Sensors

I've some difficulties to understand this section when I'm entering the name of a sensor through the tab "Sensors" :
    - mcs sometime changes the name with a "R" before or with the name of the room defined in homeseer
    - sometimes it changes also the name of the sensor directly in Homeseer
    - when it changes the name with a "R" before in mcs, I have the same modification directly in homeseer with the the sensor's room (with the creation of a room "R" that I had not created before..)

I hope it's clear for you...

By the way, what must be filled in the DB Field...?

NB : I've checked the box "<small>Always Show Only Device Name" </small>in the tab "Display" because my device names include the name of each room

Thanks
    Pierre

Sensor Page on mcsTemperature expects two words separated by a space. The first is the room and the second is the name. If only one word is present then the room becomes the default house code.

The DB field can be any database-compatible name. Dont use puncuation marks and spaces and start with an alpha. If you do not put a name in the DB field then no data is saved to the database for that sensor.

The checkox you referenced is for the Chart display to shorten the text in the legend field so you do not have as many wrap arround issues in the chart labeling

Comment

"Dont use puncuation marks and spaces and start with an alpha"
      My question is a beginner one... but what is the symbol alpha on a keyboard..?
      Thanks

Comment

Sorry, it is somewhat of a slang term. It is any of the 26 characters of our alphabet. a to z.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
          Sensor Page on mcsTemperature expects two words separated by a space. The first is the room and the second is the name. If only one word is present then the room becomes the default house code.
          I've run into this problem a few times. HS allows you to have device names and rooms with multiple words. If you add for example a three worded device (Outside Pond Lights) you end up with a device called lights with the room being Pond in mcsTemperature. What can really throw you off is your device then gets reassigned a new room location.
          Mike

Comment

I've just installed mcsTemp and have run into the same issue. All the sensors I just added that are existing devices (which are updated via RFXCOM, or other sources) have just been scattered all over the place. I use both "location" fields and then most of my devices have names with spaces in them. Am I going to have to rename all my devices to be compatible with mcsTemp?
            Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

When you enter your data on Sensor page of mcsTemperature leave the location field blank and use only the Device Code to identify your RFXCOM devices. You could also enter the full location <space> name of the RFXCOM device as well, but extra work.

Comment

Working...
              X