Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Can't get chart from ON/OFF device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get chart from ON/OFF device

Hello Michael,

I've just purchased HS2 and before purchasing MCS temperature I would like to be sure that i can get charts from ON/OFF switchs to work.

I've installed MSCtemp plugin and it's working quite well (I've setup a ST814 and i have nice charts for temp and humidity.Good job by the way!).

Now I would like to have charts from devices, like X10 appliance modules or virtual device ( with the hs.devicestatus set to 2 or 3 for ON/OFF by scripting).

So I declared the device code of those switchs in MCS temp ( with the 'switch' type).
    Then ,I added those sensors in a new group but I can't get any chart from this group.

In fact when I open temperature.mdb I can't see any data in any of the 4 columns (ID,Sampledate,Discrete and duration) for those sensors,unlike the ST814 that is full of data.
    Did i missed something?
    Thank for your help.
    ;-)

hs.setdevicestatus only changes the status within HS, but does not result in a command to go to the interface associated with the device. There are some new commands that accomplish this, but what I have always used since the HS 1.x days is hs.ExecX10.

Discrete data is charted as a waveform for the 6 hours scale and for longer durations it is charted as an accumlation of time in the ON state. For example, how long a light switch has been ON quantized by hour as one would see using a column chart. While it is not always the case, but most often one finds that there are discrete transitions multiple times and these can only be seen when using a timescale that has enough pixels to show it. This is the 6 hour scale.

If you have an issue with charting a discrete then try charting both an analog and discrete on the same chart.

Comment

Working...
    X