Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MCS Temperature and HSTouch Designer

Hello,

Is it possible to see some mcstemp's graphics in HSTouch ?
    In example, I have two groups in mcs (temperature and humidity), and I'd like to view these to graphics separetly on a single page of HSTouch

Thank's for your help

Pierre

mcsTemperature was not designed to produce charts outside of the content of the browser page where it builds them. It may be possible to do a script with hs.GetURL to produce your charts in the \HTML folder, copy them to some fixed filenames and then reference those from HSTouch pages. It will take some playing around, but it should be achievable.

The environment I use to accomplish on-demand charts is xapmcsChart. This allows me to specify what "group" to draw, duration and to what file it should be drawn.

They could be used in HSTouch or anywhere else you want to render images. In my case I route the charts through xapmcsImage to place them as desired on a canvas and then overlay the canvas with other information. The composite new image is then referenced via RSS feed being shown by a digital picture frame. The RSS feed has multiple files so they appear as a slidshow on the picture frame. The attached example shows two charts for water use with different time scales. Another with electricity use. This would be similiar to your temp/humidity on same canvas. Overlayed on the chart is text that provides the current consumption and consumption rate. xapmcsImage gets the statistics from a query of the database.
    Attached Files

Comment

Well, thank's a lot.
      It seems a little bit difficult to me..., but I'll try

Pierre

Comment

Just as an FYI as of another alternative, MrHappy is helping me to develop something similar to what you all are looking for. There is a topic based on google graph and MCTemperature. Hi mentioned that the fix may be ready in couple of days, right now there are some minor issues with US and UK date conversion in the script, otherwise it looks really nice.

Comment

You can start small with one graph JPG that's stored in the HTML MCS directory; create a second and alternate between the two; with MCSTemperature.

I utilize Jon's HTML2Image program to get this done running it every 15 minutes or so with other stuff. For one MCSGraph I just utilize the JPG file created. I take the graphs then to HSTouch refreshing the JPG direct link every 15 minutes or so.

I am behind the times here (old age I guess) in that the above graphs make me want to install the xapmcsImage program such that I could eliminate all the steps I am taking.
          Attached Files
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.12.X
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.12.X
          HS4 Pro - V4.1.7.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.12.x
          HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
            mcsTemperature was not designed to produce charts outside of the content of the browser page where it builds them. It may be possible to do a script with hs.GetURL to produce your charts in the \HTML folder, copy them to some fixed filenames and then reference those from HSTouch pages. It will take some playing around, but it should be achievable.
            I assisted Pete with a small script to do this: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=46
            Jon

Comment

Working...
            X