Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McsTemperature stopped working

Hi,
    I noticed yesterday that McsTemperature stopped recording sensor temperature. I fixed it by unplugging the power supply and plug back in. Is there any alert feature built in that will notify me if this happens again? If not what would be the best way to monitor the functioning of it.

Thanks,
    Aldo

What did you unplug?
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

The power supply that powers the Midon8 hardware.

Comment

mcsTemperature responds to the interrupts from the data sourced by the Temp08. It also monitors for data not being received in the expected interval. When this happens it will send to the Temp08 the command setup in the WDT String for this interface. If this watchdog string is left blank then no action will be taken.

If you have something that you expect to change from the Temp08 then you can monitor the date last changed device property and if it exceeds some time then trigger an event. You could do something similiar by looking at the device value and seeing if it changes within some time interval.

Comment

As always, thanks Michael. Where is the watchdog is located on the interface screen? I could not find it. I like your solution about checking for date/time difference, do you have a simple script that I could use?

Thanks,
          Aldo

Comment

Recurring trigger event with call to a script such as Temp08.txt with the contents of the file being like below. Change the Device Code to one that has changing data from Temp08 and the 100 to the number of minutes without a change that will case the message to the HS log to be produced.

Sub Main
            if DateDiff("n",hs.DeviceLastChange("B7"), now) > 100 then
            hs.Writelog "Temp08", "Temp08 stopped"
            end if
            End Sub

The Temp08 tab of the mcsTemperature setup in the upper right has the WDT string. I would guess something like TMP could be sent to request the temperatures to be delivered. For your case of monitoring lost power the WDT has no value since the Temp08 will not be able to respond without power.

Comment

Thank you very much Michael. Perfect script.

Aldo

Comment

Working...
              X