Wrong temperature recorded after reinstall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong temperature recorded after reinstall

I have been using the mcsTemperature plug-in with great success for quite some time now, but i recently had a disk crash and had to restore my homeseer computer from backup.

doing this I ended up in a strange case of temperatures recorded with values 10 times higher than what the status of the sensor states.

I've been trying all sorts of tricks to try to solve this issue and corrected the data in the database before every new attempt, but I just cant figure out what is wrong and why this is not working anymore.

My hope is that some of the brilliant mines here in this forum can bring me back on track with this plug-in.

As the values are correct from the RFXcom plug-in (fetched from Oregon Scientific sensors) i cant figure out why it's wrong in the mcsTemperature graph. The strange thing is that it's only the Temperature figures that has a zero too much in the database...
    Last edited by Toby; November 12th, 2012, 05:42 AM. Reason: Solved

<table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr> <td class="tableroweven" align="left">Reference ID</td> <td class="tableroweven" colspan="9" align="left">1974</td></tr> <tr> <td class="tablerowodd" align="left">Status</td> <td class="tablerowodd" colspan="9" align="left">2 = ON</td></tr> <tr> <td class="tableroweven" align="left">Value</td> <td class="tableroweven" colspan="9" align="left">17 </td></tr> <tr> <td class="tablerowodd" align="left">StringSupports Status</td> <td class="tableroweven" colspan="9" align="left">False</td></tr> <tr> <td class="tablerowodd" align="left">Dimmable</td> <td class="tablerowodd" colspan="9" align="left">False</td></tr> <tr> <td class="tableroweven" align="left">Interface</td> <td class="tableroweven" colspan="9" align="left">RFXCOM</td></tr> <tr> <td class="tablerowodd" align="left">Misc IO Settings</td> <td class="tablerowodd" colspan="9" align="left">TEMP2[40449]T</td></tr> <tr> <td class="tableroweven" align="left">Misc Settings</td> <td class="tableroweven" colspan="9" align="left">Status Only</td></tr></tbody></table>
    Looking at the sensor information it states value 17, and from what I understand from the documentation the mcsTemperature plug-in multiplies with 100, but multiplying the value by 100 results in wrong temp recorded.

How can I change the plug-in to multiply 1,7 by 100 in stead of 17?
    Meaning looking at the string rather than the value...

Comment

Do you have the decimal character defined to be ",". I believe this is the decimal substitution character on the mcsTemperature Interface Page.

mcsTemperature does multiply be the string contents unless the sting has no number. A "1,7" is treated as 17 if the decimal is "."

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
        Do you have the decimal character defined to be ",". I believe this is the decimal substitution character on the mcsTemperature Interface Page.

mcsTemperature does multiply be the string contents unless the sting has no number. A "1,7" is treated as 17 if the decimal is "."
        Thanks for the reply.

I double checked this and the parameter is set to "," (no double quotes).
        The strange thing is that it's only the temperature data that is recorded incorrectly. E.g the Humidity is plotted correctly on the scale between 0 and 100%.

How does the calculation field work? can I multiply with 0,1 to get the correct value recorded?

Comment

The code segment for the case where no calibration text exists in the row for the sensor is below. Note that the DeviceValue is used for the case were the setup requests that temperatures be shown only using the icon. This is a Display Setup page option. You do not want this option enabled if DeviceStrings are to be used.

Calibration has many variations and it may be possible to scale using it, but it was designed for the devices owned by mcsTemperature (e.g. 1-wire) and in your case the sensor is an RFXCOM one so if the first paragraph provides your solution then that will be much preferred.

Code:
          700                           If (SensorFunctionType(i) = jWindDirection) Or _
                                           (SensorFunctionType(i) = jTemperature And OnlyTemperatureIcon) Or _
                                           sString = "" Then
          710                                 Data = CStr(CLng(hs.DeviceValue(SensorDeviceCode(i))) * CLng(Scaling))
          720                           Else
          730                                 Data = CStr(Round((CSng(MakeNumber(Trim(StripHTML(sString)))) * Scaling)))
          740                           End If

Comment

Thanks The Text + Icon Solved it!

<small><small>
            <input name="UseHTML" value="1" checked="checked" type="radio"> </small> Text and Icon for Temperature
            <input name="OnlyTemperatureIcon" value="1" type="radio"> Only Icon for Temperature
            </small>

Now everything is back as it used to be.

Thanks for all your assistance!

Comment

Working...
            X