Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bug / Spaces in the Name field for Groups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug / Spaces in the Name field for Groups?

Hi Guys,

Lots of posts I know, but playing a bit with MCSTemp and i've found what appears to be a bug. Here's how to reproduce it (if you're not already aware):
    - Create a group without spaces and assign data sources to it - save it and it will work fine
    - Create a group with spaces in it (e.g. Inside vs Outside)
    - While it will create a group with that name
    - It will also create a group without spaces in the name
    - If you then try to delete the group:
    - When you select the Group with the spaces in the name, it will instead select the group without the spaces in the name
    - If you select the group without the spaces in the name, it will (correctly) select the group without the spaces

From my side:
    - I don't want to have duplicate entries in the DB
    - If spaces aren't supported, they shouldn't be able to be entered - e.g. do some validation before the data is able to be entered
    - I'd like to clear out the duplicate with the spaces in the groups section, but i'm not quite sure how to do this

Not aware of the spaces in name problem for group names. An awareness you should have is when mcsTemperature deals with devices it assumes the first name is the location and the remainder (after space) is the device name. For example "Entry Blue Lamp" would be translated into HS Location Entry and HS Device Blue Lamp.

For getting rid of the erroneous group, you can edit \Config\mcsTemperature.ini in the group section. Each line is a group definition in that section.

Comment

Working...
    X