Temp sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temp sensors

Its my intent to add a weather station and temp08 with multi sensors in the months or year ahead. Right now the only temp/humipty sensor I have is on my Venstar T 1900 that has a Insteon adapter on it. That Tstat is configured into HS already using msandlers plugin and sages Tstat plugin

My question is can your plugin capture and record this data as the Insteon adapter reports it to the HVAC plugins?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    HSPro: 3.0.0.194
    PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
    HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

I have no experience with this sensor or with the insteon interface, but the standard HS virtural devices interface is usually used to display current readings and mcsTemperature can accept the device string or if it is empty then the device value.

Comment

Re: Temp sensors

Hello Michael.

This is a very new to me and after reading your Temp manual I'm very confused. Can you help with pointing me towards what section in your manual that covers this.

I'm looking to track and graph many values from my Tsat such as current temp, humidity, HVAC status (cool, heat, off)

What section covers this in your manual and where can I populate the data from in HS or plugins.

Thank you.

PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
      HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

There are two parts to the process. One is to select the HS virtual devices that you want to be used by mcsTemperature. This is from the Sensor Page. Look at Section 8.7. The second part is to select the specific virtual devices that are to be included on a chart. This is done per 5.1.2 Trend Groups Page. Use the browser rather than the desktop form interface because the form has not been maintained after migration from HS1 to HS2.

Comment

Yup; here is a drawing.

1 - I put in the device and code numer and DB record. The device group and name is autfilled on the sensors page.
          2 - I then create a group under trends and check off the device(s) that I want to see in the graph.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Pete; July 4th, 2013, 02:53 PM.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU - Mono 6.4X
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.4X

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation.

Comment

I am lost on how to locate the data base code in step 1. Where and how do you find this.

Here is the Insteon Tstat I would like to start to graph for the time being.

Thank you both for helping as some of these scripts and plugins are new to me. Its much appreciated.
            Attached Files

Comment

^3 looks to be one device you may want to chart. There are others as well, but the process is the same. Go to the mcsTemperature Sensor Page and enter the device code ^3 and pick a friendly name for the last column which is the database field name. Using only alphabet is safe for the name. On the Interface page there are settings to copy virtual devices to the database at a certain rate. Check the box to copy and put in a rate such as 5 minutes. This will be the step 1 in Pete's example.

Comment

Excellent. I got it working and can see the chart. Just need more time for the data to compile.

Thanks

Comment

I fixed the verbiage and picture above.

I utilize the charting for my weather page picture on WUN. It is a composite made from Jon's application script (which inserts images and HS text variables in one composite picture).

The chart or picture is saved as a JPG via the charting program in mcsTemp. Thing is is a one per chart; such that if you change what it is you are charting then the JPG changes.

- Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU - Mono 6.4X
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.4X

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation.

Comment

So far my database is growing and my chart is working.

I'm trying to expand and include weather data from the internet websites. So far I have been able to get the local radar to display on the weather tab but no values show up for wind, temp, etc.

Do I have to create or associate the "Sensor Virtual Devices for Forecast Display and Controls" with another device house code or something?

Here's some screen shots of my settings and weather page.

Attached Files

Comment

On the Forecast page your setup what you want to use for the browser weather page display.

Comment

Filling out the info on Forecast tab as well checking off the tick mark on the interface page has gotten me no data for temp, wind, and like data.

My radar image was working but now it just produces 2 log errors every mins.

I'm trying to use your manual as a reference but I don't seem to understand what I'm setting up wrong.

7/10/2013 7:55:05 PM mcsTemperature TCPClient GetURL0 http://www.weather.gov/forecasts/xml...ebust=08673166 on line 40 Component 'msinet.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid
                        7/10/2013 7:55:05 PM mcsTemperature TCPClient GetURL1 http://maps.weather.com/web/radar/us...large_usen.jpg on line 40 Component 'msinet.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid
                        Last edited by CharlieWayne; July 10th, 2013, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X