Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please update mcsTemperature to work with HS3

Hello,
    I use this plug-in and like it a lot. Please update it to work with HS3.

Thanks!

Sorry, but there is just too much in there to do the conversion. Rich did indicate that the HS2 can still be run and he even offered to do a plugin to allow HS2 and HS3 share device information.

Comment

I have been using MCS Temp for over 10 years and have been very happy with it. It's really sad to hear that there won't be a HS3 version but I do understand that there is lot of work in the conversion.

I haven't switched to HS3 yet but have bought a HS3PRO license. I would like to use the "old" HS2 database in HS3. Are there any tools to populate the HS2 database in HS3?

Best regards,
      Jari

Comment

I moved to xapmcsDatabase and xapmcsChart when HST moved from HS1 to HS2 with one of the objectives of not being tied to specific versions of HS. The database and charting capabilities are similiar, but not identical. I had not considered it, but it should be possible to populate the xapmcsDatabase from the mcsTemperature one to save the history that has already been collected. I will need to refresh my memory about the two applications when I return to USA.

Comment

OK, thanks a lot for the info. I also need the charting possibility.

Comment

xapmcsDatabase / xapmcsChart / xapmcs1Wire was developed from mcsTemperature to have similiar functionality. Over the years mcsTemperature and the others went their separate ways but core functionality is still the same. In general the xAP applications developed more than mcsTemperature. xapmcsChart does well in a "create jpg file with chart" mode so it can be inserted into other display formats easily. This was ackward with mcsTemperature.

Comment

OK, thanks a lot for the info. At the moment I'm busy with other things and won't have time to make the transition from HS2 to HS3 (even though I have the HS3PRO license) but at some point I will do this so then I'll get the xap plugin.

Comment

My HS2 system relies heavily on powerful triggers and actions of mcsTemperature.

Will there be anything like those in HS3?

Comment

Mike,

Seen you were converting your Sprinkler plugin. Also seen in the post above last year you said you wouldn't convert the Temp plugin.

Any chance you changed your mind on this?

You mentioned creating VR devices in HS3 from your HS2 Temp plugin. Seen Jon00 had scripts to do such but made upgrading HS version a manual princess.

If your position is still not to convert, can u help with guidance or a web link on how to create VR devices.

Thanks again

CharlieWayne
                  HSPro: 3.0.0.194
                  PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
                  HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

I will not be converting mcsTemperature to HS3. Too many features and too many changes in the HS API plus the hurdle of VB6 to .NET.

Don't know what you mean by VR devices? Can you clarify?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                      I will not be converting mcsTemperature to HS3. Too many features and too many changes in the HS API plus the hurdle of VB6 to .NET.

Sorry, I meant Virtual Devices.

Talking about Sharing Device info From HS3 to the cssTemp Plugin that runs in HS2. Virtual Devices would be needed in HS2 so that mcsTemp could use the device values. Looking at Jon00 connector it will work. But every time you want to update Homeseer, you have to manually swap out the old .dll files with the new.

So my question is there any better way to populate the data into mcsTemp?
                      (I strictly use mcsTemp for graphing)

Also, are there any Charting Plugins in HS3 that you know of?

Thanks

Charliewayne

Sorry, but there is just too much in there to do the conversion. Rich did indicate that the HS2 can still be run and he even offered to do a plugin to allow HS2 and HS3 share device information.
                      HSPro: 3.0.0.194
                      PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
                      HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

In my environment each device change in HS or other automation application device changes is transmitted on the LAN for anybody listening to pick up if desired. I use xapmcsDatabase to pick up selected part of this traffic and maintain it in a database that is very similar to mcsTemperature database. I use xapmcsChart to interact with this database and the user in a manner similar to that done by mcsTemperature.

There was a discussion thread at http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...mcsTemperature that I think eventually ended with a script being used to store into the mcsTemperature database.

This environment was adopted at the time HS1 was being replaced by HS2 and I wanted something that was not so tightly coupled with a specific version of HS. About 50% of my HS1 plugins migrated to HS2. Again about 50% are making it from HS2 to HS3. The HS1 and HS2 plugin functionality as well as other capabilities that were developed along the way were unaffected by introduction of HS3.

Comment

Oh, man, that's a shame. I'm not going to be able to make the switch to HS3....

Comment

Working...
                          X