Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MCS Tempereature and HS3 plans

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MCS Tempereature and HS3 plans

    Hi Michael,

    Do you have any plans to port the MCS Temperature to HS3 platform?

    Thanks
    Mark

  • #2
    mcsTemperature has too many features and was developed in VB6 so it is just too big an effort. It will not be moved to HS3. There were many of my plugins that existed in HS1 that did not make it to HS2 as well. mcsXap and mcsSprinklers are the two that have been ported to HS3 and Linux.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks for the update Michael.

      Comment


      • #4
        alternative for HS3

        Do you guys have any alternative for HS3?

        Thanks,

        Marcus

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by mmagri View Post
          Do you guys have any alternative for HS3?

          Thanks,

          Marcus
          I am testing right now UltraJones OneWire but it does not have as many features as MCSTemperature.

          Mark

          Comment


          • #6
            xapmcsOneWire contains the 1-wire that was in mcsTemperature plus what has been added in the past few years. mcsXap is the HS1/2/3 plugin that provides the HS interface to it.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
              xapmcsOneWire contains the 1-wire that was in mcsTemperature plus what has been added in the past few years. mcsXap is the HS1/2/3 plugin that provides the HS interface to it.
              Hi Michael,

              Thanks for the info. I did not realize that there actually is another option. This is very cool. I've played with it a little yesterday and noticed that all communication is over serial connection using DS9097U or DS9490D.

              This may be stupid question but I was wondering if it would be possible to have an option to also communicate using the EDS OWServer Ethernet Server devices?

              Best Regards
              Mark

              Comment


              • #8
                This is contained in xapmcsOWServer with the same interface to HS via mcsXap.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                  This is contained in xapmcsOWServer with the same interface to HS via mcsXap.
                  Hello Michael,

                  Super, thank you for the reply.

                  Ok tried looking for it and can't find it.

                  Another stupid question. Can you tell me where do I find the xapmcsOWServer?
                  Last edited by marekd1; June 4th, 2014, 09:20 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I gave all the xAP applications to Rich to put in the updater several months ago. I set all the xAP applications to be better integrated with consistent navigation links for HS3. The folder structure under HS3 is \xAP\xxxx where xxxx is the name of the xap node such as xapmcsOWServer
                    I suspect he got busy and forgot. You can pick it up at http://mcsSprinklers.com/xapmcsOWServer_1_0_0_1_HS3.zip

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                      I gave all the xAP applications to Rich to put in the updater several months ago. I set all the xAP applications to be better integrated with consistent navigation links for HS3. The folder structure under HS3 is \xAP\xxxx where xxxx is the name of the xap node such as xapmcsOWServer
                      I suspect he got busy and forgot. You can pick it up at http://mcsSprinklers.com/xapmcsOWServer_1_0_0_1_HS3.zip
                      Hi Michael,

                      Thank again. I love your xAP apps. BTW is there a site that has all of them listed. I've tried your MCSSprinkler site but it does not show the OWServer for example. I would love to expand the use of xAP.


                      Best Regards
                      Mark
                      Last edited by marekd1; June 5th, 2014, 06:54 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I remind Rich again and try to get them into the updater. With the updater set I tried to integrate them better with HS3 with a consistent structure.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                          I remind Rich again and try to get them into the updater. With the updater set I tried to integrate them better with HS3 with a consistent structure.
                          That would be great but as long as there is another way then all is good. Appreciate you commitment Michael.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            All I want is the Temperature Graphing for HS3

                            Michael McSharry, I own your mcsTemperature for HS2. Right now it is the last item that keeps me from moving to HS3. All that I use from mcsTemperature is the graphing function.

                            Is there any other source for HS3 that can pull the temperature data from HomeSeer devices and graph them if not mcsTemperature? Will you create a plugin for HS3 that will just do the data collection and graphing?

                            Jean-Marie Vaneskahian
                            ---------------------------------------------------
                            Jean-Marie G. Vaneskahian
                            jean@vaneskahian.com
                            ---------------------------------------------------

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I cannot speak for other authors, but during the transition from HS1 to HS2 I went to a environment that was not tied to the changes in the proprietary Homeseer API and went ot the open standard xAP. The function to collect data in a database is xapmcsDatabase. The function to generate charts is xapmcsChart. mcsXap plugin provides the bridge to get from the HS API to xAP.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X