Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem caused by mcsmovement

I am currently(off and on) testing hs 2.0 on my system. I added mcsmovement
    and when I foolishly went into the config I clicked on something(Big time ooooops)

All I know is that suddenly none of the x10 triggered events are responding.

I dont know what happened or how to fix it. All I know is that prior to installing this
    plug in these events fired when the x10 signal was received and now they dont.

I noticed that one of the radio buttons in the config said Io trap. Sounds like this "traps" input and output of x10 signals?? If I am correct about this assumtion
    then I suppose that would explain the housecode "E" being trapped and intercepted. What does that do? I think I told the config that the house code was E which is the House code that these events were on.

Any of this making sense??? Is there a Way of erasing/uninstalling/undoing the harm
    , this plug in???

info: the events I am trying to call give commands to SeerAmp to play and pause for instance.

I had been making major progress with hs 2.0 until this(with exception to the speaker app which no one seems to have lasting luck with!)

Help if you can,
    lw

Status info is provided by HS using either a SETIO call to the plugin or with an event where the plugin is called as the action from the event. Under HS2 I became aware that SETIO is no longer available for all plugins. The event call the plugin by getting the plugin method with something like hs.GetPlugins("mcsmovement"). This method no longer works with later HS2 builds and needs to be something like hs.Plugin("mcsMovement").

To undo everything delect the plugin from the setup and delete this event from the HS Events view.

Comment

Michael, will you be working on HS2 compatability for this plugin? It is one of the few I use.

TrOjAn

Comment

didnt fix

Originally posted by Michael McSharry
        Status info is provided by HS using either a SETIO call to the plugin or with an event where the plugin is called as the action from the event. Under HS2 I became aware that SETIO is no longer available for all plugins. The event call the plugin by getting the plugin method with something like hs.GetPlugins("mcsmovement"). This method no longer works with later HS2 builds and needs to be something like hs.Plugin("mcsMovement").

To undo everything delect the plugin from the setup and delete this event from the HS Events view.
        O.k. I deleted the events created by the plugin and deleted the virtual devices
        and disabled the plugin from the setup web page.

Still none of the x10 fired events are responding.

I have no idea how to fix this or why the x10 commands are being intercepted

lw

Comment

mcsMovement was functional in HS2 the last time I evaluated it. As far as I know the only change this is necessary in the later HS2 builds is the event that I referenced where the method to identify the plugin object has been changing. I submitted a help desk ticket to stabalize the method between HS2 builds. You should be able to edit the event in HS2 to use the method I posted above.

I'm not running HS2 on a regular basis so I will not be aware of the problems that happen with later builds, but I will continue to update as I become aware of problems.

The loss of X10 capability may not be related to mcsMovement at all. mcsMovement observes and updates device strings, but does not change device status unless an OFF delay is requested to be added to devices. It may of been a coincidence of playing with mcsMovement that the X10 was lost. If it is not a running plugin then it is hard for it interfere.

Comment

figured it out???

I dont know what caused it but twice now(and Im no longer thinking its the
            mcsmovement plug in) for some oddball reason the usb powerlinc has been
            disabling itself. I am not sure what hs 2.0 is doing that is causing this.
            I suppose it makes about as much sense as the speaker app ehhh??hehe.

but I must admit now that I think you were right about it not being related to
            your plugin. I totaly removed all traces of your plug in and did a clean install
            etc. and found twice now that after enabeling it I came back to the interface
            page later only to see that again it was disabled.??? Oh well...who knows
            with hs 2.0 It seems to be chock full of maddness.

Newayz, thanks for your help and Im sorry for appearantly bugging you for nothing.

I am going to keep an eye on this issue to see if I can track down whats happening
            though.

Thanks again,
            lw

Comment

Working...
            X