Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toggle question... on Movement.. (not urgent)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toggle question... on Movement.. (not urgent)

Michael,

I love the plugin... it is straight forward.. well documented.. and seems to have very little overhead.

I am still learning basic homeseer scripting... but I had a question..

On The "Toggle" sensor type..

I plan on putting a hawkeye in each of our cars...

I understand how the basic toggle works to show car coming or going...

I have a question:

Q) Is there a chance for it to get "Out of sync" and think the car is coming rather than going...

I think this could happpen if for example:

Saturday morning... i need something out of glove box.. i go out to car.. open door... (setting on on the hawkeye).. get the item and close the door and come back inside... I think the state of the sensor would toggle... to away..

I think this could be dealt with: By somehow only doing the home -> away toggle if the sensor stayed on for the full 10 minutes... (assuming the "Time after ON till OFF Generated" is set to 10 minutes. And the Hawkeye was set to go off after 5 minutes without motion.... car would go out of range and H.S. would never receive an "Off". )

But if i somehow could do the above... wouldn't that prevent the toggle from away to home? (i.e... i come home... H.S. sees hawkeye for 6 minutes (one minute of actual motion me pullng in and exiting car... and the 5 minutes in the Hawkeye)

I'm just having a bit of trouble getting my head around this... i'm sure it is just in how i'm envisioning it..

Thanks to anyone that can discuss this with me and help out.

Andrew..

P.S...

What is the difference between:

"Time after ON till OFF Generated"
    &
    "Max time Sensor can be on"

Aren't they both the same thing... if MCS Movement doesn't see an off after x minutes after the last "ON" is detected... it will set it off?

Or... Does the first ("Time after On till off Generated") set the device off X minutes after the Last "on" is recieved....
    &
    the second ("Max Time Sensor can be on") set the device off X minutes after the First "On" is recieved...

If it is this way... i like it ... just not sure how to use it..

Thanks again.

P.P.S... thanks to ALL... (especially Michael and Rupp) for taking the time with New Users in general... you have all made it a fun and enjoyable experience diving into the world of H.A.
    Regards,

Andrew B.

What is the difference between:
    "Time after ON till OFF Generated"
    &
    "Max time Sensor can be on"
    Time after ON til OFF generated will typically stretch out a hardware OFF to some later time. It will assure that homeseer does not see an OFF earlier than desired or conversely the ON will be of some minimum duration.

Max time is a protection against a device staying ON too long. It will assure that homeseer does not see an ON longer than desired. This is the same as the ON being of some maximum duration.

Q) Is there a chance for it to get "Out of sync"
    Yes it is possible to get out of sync. The plugin handles the logic of an ON/OFF pair generating a single ON or single OFF (i.e. toggle) and deals with the filtering of ON/ON and OFF/OFF. Other logic is needed if conditions exist where the ON/OFF should not toggle the device. This could either be on the input side where the ON/OFF is generated or the output side where the toggle state is monitored and reset.

Comment

Working...
    X