Aware of Database Error ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aware of Database Error ?

First let me say that this is a great plugin, and It has been extremely helpful in many ways.
    I have been using it for a while and so far everything works fine except for one small detail. I wasn't sure if you were aware of it, so I figured I'd bring it up.

Each time I create a movement device, I get an error that the device name is too long and has a problem with the DB field limitations.
    Here is the log:

8/27/2006 12:54:57 PM - ConfigIO - Calling ConfigIO for mcsMovement
    8/27/2006 12:55:00 PM - Database Item - Saving Event Movement Value Change
    8/27/2006 12:56:06 PM - Database Item - Saving Device G14-G15 Office Motion Sensor_TO_Hall Motion Sensor
    8/27/2006 12:56:06 PM - Database Item - Device Comparison Error 5, field name : Cannot set column 'name'. The value violates the MaxLength limit of this column. Exception:Cannot set column 'name'. The value violates the MaxLength limit of this column.
    8/27/2006 12:56:06 PM - Database Item - There were errors generated during the save of the database item. Please consult this log for more details and report any data loss to HomeSeer Technologies.
    8/27/2006 12:56:39 PM - Database Item - Saving Device G7-G15 Master Bedroom Motion Sensor_TO_Hall Motion Sensor
    8/27/2006 12:56:39 PM - Database Item - Device Comparison Error 5, field name : Cannot set column 'name'. The value violates the MaxLength limit of this column. Exception:Cannot set column 'name'. The value violates the MaxLength limit of this column.
    8/27/2006 12:56:39 PM - Database Item - There were errors generated during the save of the database item. Please consult this log for more details and report any data loss to HomeSeer Technologies.
    8/27/2006 12:57:22 PM - Database Item - Saving Device Office to Hall
    8/27/2006 12:57:39 PM - Database Item - Saving Device Master Bedroom To Hall

The workaround is that I simply change the device name in the hs device screen.

Not sure if this was addressed before, so I apologize if I'm duplicating another thread, but I didn't see it anywhere else.

Thanks

I'll put in a help desk ticket to HST. It looks as if they have allocated a relatively small amount of space for device names in their database.

The help desk reference number is 9464

Comment

Thanks for letting them know.
      I see what your saying. I noticed the char limit is only 50 on that field.

Dan

Comment

Working...
      X