Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error

I think I may have click something in the wrong order, or had something associated that I should have unassociated before changing something...

In my log, everytime I close mcsMovement (which is a GREAT tool!) the log states:
    "BuildControlDictionary V3 457 on line 60 This key is already associated with an element of this collection"

Is this something I should worry about?

--Dan
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

I think you have device V3 as the device to control more than one spawned script.

Comment

Is this spawned script something that is internal to the plugin?
      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

In the script section in the lower right there are 3 options to run a script based upon a change of the device's status. If the spawned into a new thread is selected then you have the option to attach a virtual device to that script so its progress can be monitored and it can be terminated if desired. It looks as if two devices have the same devicecode to be used as the monitor device. There needs to be a one-to-one relationship

Comment

I think I caused that on accident. I was trying to figure out the various options.

If I go to Managed Devices, Movement Devices, or Area Devices, and run through the lists, V3 doesn't seem to have anything listed with it under script execution Options.

The Run No Script Option is selected.

Should I try playing with the options to try to clear that out?

Thanks!

--Dan

Comment

I should be able to make an update that provides more visibility as to where the V3 is comming from. Just hold on and I will look to make this change soon.

Comment

No worries!

Thanks for your help on this Michael!

--Dan

Comment

It looks like it is not a duplicate script control, but duplicate in the Area, Movement, or Managed lists. I posted V1.10.1 that checks for this and tells you where the duplicate is located. See if it works to find where V3 is comming from.

Comment

According to this .1 update,

V3,V4,V5,V6, V7 are all in "both Managed and Area lists"

Which is what I want. My Example:

I have a few sensors in a room, which all tie to say V3. V3 is fitness room occupied. V4 is the master bedroom. Then they feed into V5, which is the top floor. So, I can see if there is an issue with the top floor, (i.e. which "alert" page to view on my Audrey). That then feeds into V2, which is the WHOLE house occupied (which contains various things to prove that no one is home).

So, I guess it is a harmless error message?

side question, the area device's logic is all ANDs for all devices? As in all devices MUST be on for the area to be on, allmust be off for the area tobe off?

Trying to dothis:
                  ANY sensor turns on, the area turns on (or type logic). Then when ALL are off, the sensor will turn off. This is for my duskdetection. If any are on, then assume dusk. Which triggers the "sunset" driven dusk event. As that device will only be able tobe reset at sunrise, upon the first light sensor triggering, itwill stay "dark" in the PC's mind until sunrise resets the timed device+all other sensors are off (it is now light out).

I suppose after youanswer the question about area logic, I can figure this out. Thanks again forall the GREAT help!!

--Dan

Comment

I guess it is best just to not generate the message since it is not an error condition. I'll post with this message removed.

If you configure the dusk sensor to be a motion sensor (or an OFF/ON sensor) and put a set of these in an area then the area will be ON when any dusk sensor indicates dusk.

If you configure the dusk sensor to be a dusk sensor (or an ON/OFF sensor) and put a set of these in an area then the area will be OFF when all dusk sensor indicates dusk.

There is nothing in the plugin to allow you to combine this functionality with the same sensor. It would be a reasonable thing for it to do by using two area devices where one operates using AND logic and the other with OR logic, but I'm not up to such a change.

Comment

Michael,

I think with that last statement you have solved my issue.

I can make all sensors "trigger" as motion sensors. Thus when ANY of them are on, I will see a dusk. Then in the morning, I can force them to be OFF (or not dusk) at sunrise through an event. This will give me the logic I want (I think).

Now I'm just talking myself through it to make sure:
                      All sensors and a timed event (Sunset) feed into an area called Dusk. When any of them hit dusk then it is Now considered dusk...start using events that are used at night (turn lights on, etc.).

Then, come sunrise, have an event trigger that actually is just hs.execx10, with all the sensors listed. So, in the morning, it will reset the sensors. Something bothers me about this.

Also, I can add some hysterisys by making each sensor take 1-2 minutes before triggering either on, or off. So, if it is CLOSE to dusk, and a branch sways the sensor can trigger...the system will not (I've had that happen already...this lets me get rid of that without modifying hardware).

Maybe I just need an event that will take all the sensors as an "area", which is my AND logic (any of them goes "ON" then it is dusk). Then feed that into an event that "OR"s my sunset event to the area device.

Hmm, this is going to take some exact elegant consideration to get the logic the way I think I need it.

Thanks again for clarifying HOW the plugin actually has the logic! It is FAST growing as one of my most useful plugins!!

--Dan

Comment

Working...
                      X