X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny Message In My log

Michael,

Any insight on this one?

SetupValueTriggering 438 on line 60 Object doesn't support this property or method

I just started to notice that I am getting this message when I close the setup window. I'm not sure what it's related to however I DID just change one of the sensors that the plugin was monitoring from normal X10 mode to act as a security device from the ACRF plugin.

I went to change it to a value based device in the mcsMovement, however it wasn't listed as a managed device any longer.

So, I ignored that and closed the window. That was the first time I noticed the above message.

I thought I goofed something up, so I went back to the ACRF changed it back to X10 and unchecked the participate in alarm functions checkboxes, then went into the mcsMovment...now everytime I open the setup window, then close, I get that message. Is there something that I goofed and could fix?

Thanks, and STILL a great plugin!!

--Dan
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Just bumping so this won't get lost...

I've had to disable the plugin as apparently that message has "frozen-up" the response of the plugin...

So with it disabled, at least my system isn't in a dead stand-still.

Thanks for the great plugin!

--Dan
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

The line reporing an error (line 60) does not align with the V1.10.3 source. There are no objects used in that line. Can you check to make certain you are running this version.

Comment

Michael,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly!

I did not realize that 10.3 was out. I am still running 10.2.

Do you want me to update first, then go from there?

--Dan

Comment

We need to so my current source matches. I only retain source for selected versions.

Comment

Alright, when I get a chance, I'll update then re-run, test for the message.

I'll let you know.

Again, I know you don't charge for many of your plugins so you are giving of your OWN time, thank you.

Even though the Audrey plugin is now free (?I think?) I'm glad that I did pay for it when I did.

--Dan

Comment

Alright, here's what I get with 1.10.3 installed:

EventExistsWithScript on line 130 Object doesn't support this property or method

Comment

Here is the line generating the error

130 If InStr(1, oEvent.scripts, ScriptName, vbTextCompare) <> 0 Then

I looked in the HS1 Help for GetDevice and it provided a list of all the event properties. It included "Scripts". When I looked for Event properties in HS2 Help I could not find a listing of the event properties. I have not used HS2 much so you will have better luck finding you way around the help documentation.

The property of the Homeseer EventClass that now appears to cause a problem is .Scripts. Perhaps they discontinued its use with recent HS2 releases. If you cannot find it in the HS2 help then I suggest logging a help desk ticket about the error. I've got help desk tickets logged back in Sept/Oct that are backlogged so you may have better luck if a help desk ticket is needed.

Comment

Thanks Michael, I will try to get a ticket in to HS, as I can't seem to either understand what I'm looking for, or maybe the appropriate things are not in the HS help.

However, by updating to 1.10.3, it seems that everything is responding again.

--Dan

Comment

The error trap was at a lower procedure level with the latest version so it only affected one thing rather than aborting in the middle. The scripting documentation describes how to acquire an EventClass object, but I could not find any description of what comprises the EventClass object. In the HS1 help it was contained in the description of the GetEvent method that returns the EventClass object. The EventClass has several properties such as a name, group and many of the things that you see when you use the UI to define the event. The property "Scripts" is where the error is being seen. In HS1 it contains the list of script names associated with the event.

Comment

Working...
                    X