Browser button?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Browser button?

I've just begun exploring mcsMovement. I downloaded the latest version on the Updater, then after some exploring for the resulting errors I found the /includes folder and copied it into the HS HTML folder. Everything seemed to work well after that, but I did see an error when I removed a device from the managed list.

Further investigation indicated that error was addressed in a more recent version not in the Updater, so I downloaded the latest version ocx file and replaced the one I had. When I restarted HS the menu button to access mcsMovement web pages was no longer available on the HS web pages nor was there a link on the Setup/Interfaces page. (In the first version there was a link directly below the mcsMovement name.) The only link appears to be on the GUI menu bar.

Is there a step I missed, or must I view the mcsMovement pages only on my HS computer?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

The setup and chart options are visible from the HS2 menu above the log. The charts can be viewed from a browser URL /movement/movemement.asp. When mcsMovemement was developed the technique for browser links was to edit the file \HTML\linkls.htm to add whatever links are to be displayed at the top of the HS pages. I believe the trend has changed with plugins generating buttons for HS 2, but this was never done for mcsMovement.

Comment

Thank you for the clarification. Pulling up the windows seems straightforward. I was sure I saw a link button on the browser window after I initially downloaded Movement, though. Did I just imagine that?
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

I think mcsSprinklers is the only plugin where I migrated to the newer way of building links, but then it has been years so who knows what I may have done during this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
          ...but then it has been years so who knows what I may have done during this time.
          I can identify with that! Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X