Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Web based config? (feature wish?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    mcsMovement's forms are event driven when each keystroke is analyzed and form updates made as necessary. It will never be implemented in a browser. What is available for browser-based editing is the generic ini editor that can be found in the mcs plug-ins and scripts forum. It it intended for simple edits and does not have the richness or data integrity validation that is available with a application-specific config page.

Leave a comment:

• ArbWare
    started a topic Web based config? (feature wish?)

Web based config? (feature wish?)

I love MCSMovement.. It does everything i need in handling my Motion sensors.

The only thing that i would like to see is a config that is accessible via a browser connection...

It probably can't be done easily because it appears that it is pre-compiling the scripts that are marked to be run in "Optimize" mode whenever you leave the config... I'm not sure how you could handle this with a browser config....

So it's probably way too much work to do for a usability change to something that does work perfectly fine as it is.

But if wishes were fishes.... well.. Charley the Tuna would be one happy Albacore.

Just a thought..

Again, I love the plugin, and really appreciate the support you have provided.

Andrew
Working...
X