Shutting down HS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shutting down HS

I'm assuming that this application still works. Everything works as advertised with the expection that I can't seem to get the the application to shut down HS. It does attempt to relaunch HS as I end up with a tons of 'Homeseer is already running' messages when testing. I've tried 'homeseer', 'homseer.exe' and tried different cases to match what is in taskman, and I can't seem to get the app to shut down or terminate HS. Any ideas?

My last attempt used the following line:
    "homeseer.exe||60|HomeSeer.exe|c:\program files\homeseer\homeseer.exe|normal"
    HS: 2.5.0.60
    Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
    Plug-ins: MLHSPlugin|RCS Serial Thermostat|UltraLog|UltraMon|
    Misc: 303 Devices, 313 Events, 68+ Scripts

HSeer: 3.0.0.54
    Plug-ins: BLGData|BLRF|BLRadar|BLRandom|BLSpeech
    UltraM1G3|UltraECM3|UltraMon3|UPBSpud|Z-Wave
    Misc: 148 Devices, 116 Events, 9+ Scripts (so far, still converting)

Bummer 33 views and no one. Let me ask this another way, is anyone still using this app with HS 2.0? That would at least tell me it still works with HS 2.0 and that I'm just probably doing something wrong.

Comment

From what I can recall it looks OK. It has been awile. I will need to fire up HS2 and see what happens. I do note that you have things in the Homeseer folder rather than the standard Homeseer 2 one, but that should only affect the abilty to restart and not to shutdown.

Comment

You are correct, the name of the directory is Homeseer. I'm under the impression that it will use the caption or the process name to shut down Homeseer, thus I've tried to enter both homeseer (the first part of the caption) and homeseer.exe for the process and didn't have any luck either way.

Comment

Oh, I don't think it would matter any, but I'll add, my method of testing this was to stop the creation of the pulse file.

Comment

I tried it tonight and see that insufficient time was given for HS to shutdown. I increased the wait time for a process to acknowledge and also to close. After this change I was able to trigger a shutdown followed by a restart as expected. It is at http://mcssprinklers.com/GuardianAngel.zip

Comment

Thanks!! I'll give it a try tonight!

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
              I tried it tonight and see that insufficient time was given for HS to shutdown. I increased the wait time for a process to acknowledge and also to close. After this change I was able to trigger a shutdown followed by a restart as expected. It is at http://mcssprinklers.com/GuardianAngel.zip

Comment

Same results, it won't shutdown or terminate HS, but it'll try to launch a new copy. I'm stumped. Guess I'll go write my own app. Thanks anyway.

Comment

It does produce a log in the \Data folder that indicates what it tries and any status code feedback.

Comment

I'm stumped by this. The only thing that I get in the log file when it is suppose to shut down is the message posted below, repeated of course because it keeps trying to restart HS each time it polls for the file, resulting in the HS already running pop up messages. My last parameter string that I used is posted below as well. Maybe it has something to do with a different path. However, if your using the method that I think you are, searching the running applications for one with 'homeseer' in the caption, it shouldn't matter. I've used this very same method to get a handle to already running apps.

10/16/2007 9:03:35 AM Pulse File date 10/16/2007 8:11:38 AM is more than 60 seconds old

"homeseer.exe||60|homeseer|c:\program files\homeseer\homeseer.exe|normal"

Comment

Would dual CPUs make a difference? I wouldn't think, but you never know...

Comment

Working...
                      X