Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difference between compiled and not compiled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Keeper
    replied
    Thanks again!

Chris

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    The run from HS will do as you describe.

Leave a comment:

• The Keeper
    replied
    I'm assuming that I should be selecting the "Run from HS" option if I don't want to run the compiled form? And at that point, the scripts associated with "Run from HS" movement devices can be tweaked at will, without having to do anything else?

Thanks,
    Chris

Leave a comment:

• The Keeper
    replied
    Ok, thanks for the info! I'll get started on breaking up my ~1400 line movement.txt file into smaller pieces.

Chris

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    The script is identical for both modes. In the compiled case the script is tokenized by mcsMovement for efficient execution each time it is called. If any changes are made in the script it will not be recognized by mcsMovement until the mcsMovement setup saved again. In the non-compiled case the source file is interpreted each time it is called. It is less efficient especially if it is large. The source script can be edited at any time and the edits will be acted upon the next time it is called. The non-compiled approach is the same as the standard script execution from Homeseer. The compiiled case is closer to the approach available with .NET and the .vb scripts. The response time of one approach vs the other may or may not be recognizable depending upon what is being done.

Leave a comment:

• The Keeper
    started a topic Difference between compiled and not compiled?

Difference between compiled and not compiled?

Hello,

I have a large mcsMovement compiled script file, to the point where it actually takes literally like 3 or 4 minutes to process. So, every time I want to tweak something in the script, I have to set aside quite a bit of time. I'm thinking I need to split out the devices that don't need quick reaction times into a not compiled script.

Is there a difference in the scripting itself between a compiled and not compiled script?

Thanks,
    Chris
Working...
X