Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent problems with xapmcswebcontrol

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Recent problems with xapmcswebcontrol

    Is anyone else having some problems with xapmcswebcontrol. Recently I have been having issues with the analog votages. They seem to be under reported by a few mV. Comparing the webcontrol web interface with the xapmcswebcontrol there is always a disparity. And no, there is no bias set.

    I tried setting up from scratch (new configuration file) and keep getting the same issue.

    I'm wondering if it occurred after a Windows update.

    Any advice would be appreciated. Otherwise I might have to ditch xapmcswebcontrol and write a script using GET.

    Marty.
    iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

    BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

    #2
    xapmcsWebControl just pulls data similar what you would get with a script. Could the timing of when xapmcsWebControl samples and when your browser samples account for the variation?

    Comment


      #3
      Hi Michael,
      Thanks for looking at this issue.
      I can say I have spent quite a bit of time looking into this. I don't think it is a timing issue as you suggest. Looking at the cai web interface, in real time, and comparing that to the values in xapmcsWebcontrol there is a consistent discrepancy. It's almost as if there is a bias (despite one not being set). And the 'changed' field for the analog voltages does not update very often. Looking at the cai web interface the numbers are clearly changing by a few mV (e.g between 625 and 630mv) almost every second. But the xapmcsWebcontrol status reports 6.07v last updated several hours. Even though the 'polling' box has a green light and 'last updated' a few seconds ago.

      I installed xapmcsWebcontrol on another PC running Windows 10. A clean install of xapmcsWebcontrol, with a fresh configuration file. This exhibited exactly the same behaviour.

      I'm not at home right now but I will send you some screen shots when I get home tomorrow.

      I'm wondering if it something to do with windows 10 and a library maybe? Do you have a machine with Windows 10 and latest updates that you could try this on? And a webcontrol connected to 5 or 6 or 7V on the analog inputs?

      Marty
      iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

      BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

      Comment


        #4
        Ohh....and yes I did also use Http GET to check. The GET returns the exact same value as the web interface, as expected.

        I think screenshots are going help explain the situation.

        It's just weird that this issue is replicable to two different machines running the same operating system.

        Marty
        iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

        BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

        Comment

        Working...
        X