No announcement yet.

mcsXap Plugin Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just installed HS2 and am attempting to use the mcsxap plugin. It keeps giving me the following types of errors in the log: The "infosource" section varies.

ProcessMessage xap-header{v=12hop=1class=xAPBSC.infosource=mi4.homeseer.haserve r.:Unknown.NewDevice}output.state{State=OFF} Line 350 Invalid procedure call or argument

ProcessMessage xap-header{v=12hop=1class=xAPBSC.infosource=mi4.homeseer.haserve r.:xAPConduit.kmtcWinddirectioninNNEESESSWWNW}output.state{S tate=OFF} Line 350 Invalid procedure call or argument

Any ideas?

Comment

It is not finding the LF (Chr(10)) between each of the lines of text. Use the xAP viewer to look at the corresponding messages when the error appears.

The especially suspect segment is

mi4.homeseer.haserve r.:

where part of the address has a null field (between period and colon) and a space between e and r. Spaces are not valid in as part of the address.

It also looks as if you may be running both xap plugins which should work, but likely overhead you do not need.

Comment

I installed the newest version of mcsxap and deleted all mcsxap*.ini & mcsxapdevices.ini files. The plugin correctly detected all of my xap devices, but before I could accept of reject then it saved over 20 devices.

1/17/2006 3:42:51 AM - Database Item - Saving Device ,
        1/17/2006 3:42:52 AM - Database Item - Saving Device ,
        1/17/2006 3:42:53 AM - Database Item - Saving Device ,
        1/17/2006 3:42:54 AM - Database Item - Saving Device ,
        1/17/2006 3:42:54 AM - Database Item - Saving Device ,
        1/17/2006 3:42:55 AM - Database Item - Saving Device ,

I am running HS 2.0 2041
        Does anyone have any ideas?

Comment

Thanks. I am transitioning from HS1.7 on one machine to HS2.0 on another. I had the xap conduit and mcsxap installed, it was causing the malformed xap packets. I removed the xap conduit from the old system and the messages are coming accross fine now.

Comment

madmax,
            The accept/reject device information is now stored in an Access database in the \data folder. You will need to delete it if you are trying to start fresh.

Comment

Thanks Michael.
              I deleted the access databases and let mcsXap redetect all of my xAP devices. There is still something wrong. I really think it is Homeseer related rather then your plugin. When I first accept new devices, it successfully adds them. When I try to add additional devices, it jumble up the existing device codes by adding a comma before or after the device code or device description.

The log file shows numerous unusual errors

1/17/2006 12:33:51 PM - Error - DeviceClass error for greenhouse,monitor, device code is outside of the range 1 - 99.
              1/17/2006 12:33:51 PM - Database Item - Saving Device ,
              1/17/2006 12:33:51 PM - Error - DeviceClass error for ,, device code is outside of the range 1 - 99.
              1/17/2006 12:33:52 PM - mcsXap - xapASP FormatScreen ,0,,$1 Line 1090 Multiple-step operation generated errors. Check each status value.
              1/17/2006 12:33:56 PM - mcsXap - xapASP FormatScreen ,0,,$1 Line 1090 Multiple-step operation generated errors. Check each status value.
              1/17/2006 12:34:01 PM - mcsXap - xapASP FormatScreen ,0,,$1 Line 1090 Multiple-step operation generated errors. Check each status value.

Comment

I see the same thing with a clean start. It appears to be caused by no BSC messages when the accept/reject is performed. I dont exactly understand why the commas starting showing up, but after accounting for no-bsc situation I could not get them to reappear. It is posted as V1.3.91

Comment

Michael,

Thanks! You fixed it. Device codes seem stable!

Comment

I receive the following message in my log file: Any ideas what causes it?

AddtoBSCSendDB Line 120 Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another.

Comment

The error is during the reading from the database during initialization the HS devices selected to be output as BSC messages . The statement is

rstPersist.Filter = "Source='" & sSource & "'"

I dont was would cause it, but I did add to the error output info onto the data it was processing at the time the error occurs. I posted it at the top of the subforum.

Comment

Thanks Michael. That pointed me to the problem. I had a device called "Chris' Computer" I removed the apostrophe and the error message disappeared.

Comment

Xap messages with only status

Hi, i'm using the Netiom Xap boad with your plugin and it works all right.
                          Exept that the messages the Board sends are in the form :

xap-header

{

v=12

hop=1

uid=FF12340B

class=xapbsc.info

source=phaedrus.netiom.Location:Input.11

}

input.state

{

state=on

}

for inputs and :

xap-header

{

v=12

hop=1

uid=FF123411

class=xapbsc.info

source=phaedrus.netiom.Location:Output.1

}

output.state

{

state=off

}

for outputs.

Might it be possible to have an option in XapPlugin so that Homeseer status be updated ( eg : build a display string on the fly) ?
                          That would save a great deal of code and cpu cycles i use to update the status by script.

regards
                          Claude

Comment

mcsXap maps the DisplayText key into the DeviceString. If the DeviceString is left blank then HS will update On/Off status in the displayed status. mcsMovement will also allow you to associate DeviceSting values and icons with a devices's state as well as update update the time in each state if desired.

While it is possible to add user options to include a mapping between state and string when the DisplayText is not available, I do not want to get into a mode of feature creap that will make future support more difficult. I want mcsXap to be a lean single-purpose plugin
                            Last edited by Michael McSharry; March 14, 2006, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Xap messages with only status

Hi,

i still get no status.
                              the status column for in1 and out1 always shows '0'.

attached is HS log file with MCSXap debug on
                              Attached Files

Comment

I'm not certain what you mean by in1 and out1, but I did look and saw that I was setting DeviceValue=0 if no level/text key is provided. I also saw from your attachment that I had left some debug code to the log. I change it to not set DeviceValue=0, but I dont know if this is what you are asking about. Posted V1.3.109

Comment

Working...
                                X