Setup Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setup Question

Had to rebuild my HA PC and can't remember how I setup something up. I am running xapmcsHub, xapmcs1wire and the Homeseer mcsXap plugin. If I use the browser button on mcs1wire I can see all of my trmp sensors and have named them appropriately. They are updating with the correct temperatures. The thing I can't remember is how do I get the temp sensors to show up in Homeseer as devices?

The mcsXap browser setup shows the house code to be configured as "[" but I don't see any devices with this code showing up.

Configure mcsXap to show received xAP BSC devices. When xapmcs1wire delivers a message it will be seen by mcsXap and shown in the mcsXap browser. Put a checkmark in the "A"ccept column of any 1-wire device you want to see as a Homesee device. You an give them a specific location and name if you wish or just let it default. You can change them later.

Comment

Thanks Mike, that worked great!

Comment

Michael, what do the other columns do?
        I understand that A is accept, and can guess at D and R, but when should I use them?

Comment

This is from memory, but ...

Accept - map an xAP message into a Homeseer device
          Reject - hide xAP messages unless explicitly viewed
          Delete - physically remove evidence of a previously received xAP message

The R is used when the message is a valid message, but you do not want it to be mapped into HS and you do not want to see it showing up with new messages that you may want to later Accept

The D is used when the message is bogus or will never occur again. If you Delete a message and it later is seen on the LAN then will again show up in the list of mcsXap messages and look like a new message that you need to decide what to do with.

Comment

Working...
          X