Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xap Event Trigger Question. How did I screw it up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xap Event Trigger Question. How did I screw it up?

OK, I have an Xap Event Trigger setup.

In "Minutes since last xAP Received is more than", I have entered:

For "From xAP Source Address", I have entered:
    mcs.w800.justice-1:meter1a.rfxcom__fa28_167.temperature

The problem is that the trigger keeps firing even though the sensor is updating in Homeseer. So HS is getting the xAP message, but the trigger must not be configured with the right xAP source address to find the xAP message.

Now how that long name string was contructed I have no idea. Here is how it appears in xapmcsRF in the attached screen shot.

Here is something else strange, I have no idea where the first 5 items in the list came from. They just showed up out of the blue, and I have no other devices which could have generated them. I have only two sensors and each has three values: Temperature, Humidity, & Battery Status.

In the next picture is how the sensors appear in mcsxap.NET. Am I copying the wrong values for the xAP Source Address? Do I have the name configured wrong and that is causing problems?
    Attached Files

The timeout trigger was setup to detect a disconnected node so only the addreess before the subaddrress delimiter was expected. In your case it would be mcs.w800.justice-1. With V2.0.6 I added the subaddress detection as well so your original entry should work with it.

If you try to trigger on a specific sensor then you are expecting the value to change within 30 minutes. This may or may not be what you want. If you are trying to detect when nothing is seen from xapmcsRF then just use the address and not include the end-point subaddress.

The extra few sensors you see are X10 RF sensors such as hawkeyes or partial messages that satisfied the simplier X10 criteria. I would just ignore them. This is one of the primary reasons to require the "A"ccept checkbox before the data gets put into xAP messages.

Comment

OK, that was it. I did not understand source. I did not need the subaddress detection.

Thanks for clearing up what an address is and the end-point subaddress.

Comment

Working...
      X