No xAP BSC devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No xAP BSC devices

I have mcsSprinklers standalone version and Homeseer on the same computer. I have previously successfully used the mcsxAP plugin version 1.3 to display BSC devices detected on the computer (mcsSprinkler) and was able to create homeseer devices to control those relays.

I recently updated the mcsxAP plugin to 2.2.14 and mcsHub ver 1.2.1 but noticed that the devices stopped responding. After enabling, restarting HS, rebooting without success, I finally removed all references to mcsxAP, both old and new, including databases. I then did a clean install of the 2.2.14 plugin. Now, when I click on the mcsxAP tab in HS, no BSC devices appear. I have tried different combinations of the setup choices. I opened the mcsxAP.mdb and noted that in the Other table, there are entries for some of the mcsSprinkler relays. I even repeated the whole process with the old mcsxAP plugin, but still no BSC devices.

I can see xAP messages in the Hub window when I change the state of the valve relays, heart beat messages from both the plugin and mcsSprinklers, and Homeseer.event messages from HS whenever weather station device values change.

How do I get BSC devices to appear in the HS mcsxAP setup page so that I can create corresponding HS devices?

The most obvious is the filter at the top of the browser that lets you selective show BSC reveived and BSC sourced devices. There is also the setting to enable certain schema in the lower part of the setup. You will want bsc transmit and bsc receive checked. If none of this applies then there may be something that can be gleaned from the debug output with the General Debug enabled.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
      The most obvious is the filter at the top of the browser that lets you selective show BSC reveived and BSC sourced devices. There is also the setting to enable certain schema in the lower part of the setup. You will want bsc transmit and bsc receive checked. If none of this applies then there may be something that can be gleaned from the debug output with the General Debug enabled.
      Attached is screen capture of setup page and output of general debug.
      Attached Files

Comment

It looks as if all your devices as not "A"ccepted and you have the show only accepted checkbox checked. Uncheck it from the top of the page and you should see all your devices.

Comment

That did it, thanks. Embarassingly simple...

Comment

Working...
          X