Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reject/Accept Sort Buttons

Michael,

These btns don't seem to be working in 2.2.0.15?

Also, is it required to Accept the hubswitch devices in the mcssxap1wire app and PI for proper operation?
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

In my setup I have accepted all hub switches for branches that are being used. For unused branches I have not accepted them and changed their type to switch so when searching the software will know to not enable that branch as a hub and look for something. I do not recall the interdependencies between acceptance and their use, but offhand I think the hub branch is used whenever a sensor is accepted on that branch and it should not matter if the hub itselft has been accepted.

The software maintains a list of sensors that are at each polling rate. When a polling interval occurs it will add the list of sensors to the queue of sensors to be polled. This queue is ordered by hub branch so all pending sensors on a branch will be polled before moving onto the next branch. This minimizes the branch switching. If you set the polling intervals to be multiples of each other then this will also help minimize branch switches. (e.g. 2000 and 4000 rather than 2000 and 3000)

The Accept/Reject is a legacy from when only one column was implemented and backward compatibilty was maintained moving forward. The sort button A or R will have the same effect and order both columns so all Accepts will be grouped and all Rejects will be grouped.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
      In my setup I have accepted all hub switches for branches that are being used. For unused branches I have not accepted them and changed their type to switch so when searching the software will know to not enable that branch as a hub and look for something. I do not recall the interdependencies between acceptance and their use, but offhand I think the hub branch is used whenever a sensor is accepted on that branch and it should not matter if the hub itselft has been accepted.

The software maintains a list of sensors that are at each polling rate. When a polling interval occurs it will add the list of sensors to the queue of sensors to be polled. This queue is ordered by hub branch so all pending sensors on a branch will be polled before moving onto the next branch. This minimizes the branch switching. If you set the polling intervals to be multiples of each other then this will also help minimize branch switches. (e.g. 2000 and 4000 rather than 2000 and 3000)
      thanks, i will give this a try

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
      The Accept/Reject is a legacy from when only one column was implemented and backward compatibilty was maintained moving forward. The sort button A or R will have the same effect and order both columns so all Accepts will be grouped and all Rejects will be grouped.
      This comment was directed towards the mcsxap plug-in v.2.2.0.16. neither btns does what you mentioned.

the btns do work in the mscxap1wire app.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Sort fixed in 2.2.0.17 of mcsXap plugin

Comment

For the 1wire I have found that I have to set the polling rate the same for all devices on a hub branch or it doesn't work at all.

I only accept the devices I want to monitor, not anything else.

Bill

Comment

Working...
          X